Please pray ....

Mishcka

Feb 11, 2014
Nashville
Parrots
Cookatoo
Well my worst nightmare is coming true ... We came for our check up and Loki is back in the hospital :( He is going back in for surgery this afternoon .... His crop is infected and his tummy is all messed up aswell. The worst news of all is they are thinking Loki has PDD I am heart broken ! I can't loose my baby . I don't know where to go from here but we will see how things go over the next 48 hours .

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Oh no, I am so sorry. I am sending out prayers for Loki's recovery and prayers for you as well. Please let us know how everything goes. My thoughts are with you.

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
oh wow...I will definately keep him & YOU in my thoughts & prayers.

keeping my fingers crossed that he has a speedy recovery, and you hang in there!!

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
I am so sorry to hear that :(. Hopefully it isn't PDD and they're just being overly cautious. Wishing Loki the best!

Aphios

Mar 13, 2014
I live in the mountains on a farm. It is so much
Parrots
I have 2 conures. One is a Sun named Mango who is my little gymnast and he is two years old. Kiwi, a mischievous little Green Cheek is one and a half.
Hi! I am so sorry and will definitly be praying for Loki. Is Loki your parrot? Looking forward to good news on his recovery.

jenphilly

Oct 15, 2013
Lehigh Valley, PA
Parrots
BE2 (Ivory), B&G Macaw (Max), Budgie Group,
Granbirds- tiels; GCC (Monkey & Monster); Sun Conure (Loki); Bare Eyed Too (Folger); Evil Green Monster YNA (Kelly); B&G (Titan)
He was doing so well! I am so sorry to hear he needs to have surgery again. Loki and you are definitely in my thoughts. He has bounced back before, I will keep hoping he pulls thru quickly again and is back to being his picky eater brat in no time!!

Hugs, thinking of you!!

critterman

Jan 1, 2011
Maryland
Parrots
Crimson bellied conure.
Mischka so sorry. My thoughts and prayers go out to go and Loki. I pray Loki will pull through. Keep us posted please.

OP
M

Mishcka

Feb 11, 2014
Nashville
Parrots
Cookatoo
Our vet team just called, Loki has made it through the first round and is awake. He is not feeling very well and would not take food or water so they have him on a feed tube for now. That should be able to come out tomorrow but they have to keep him strong for another round tomorrow:(. I will keep everyone updated as we know more. Thank you all for careing so much and sending good vibes our way ! HUGS to everyone :white1:

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
That is wonderful news that the first part is over for him...keeping you both in my prayers.

bethanyD85

Mar 15, 2014
KY
Parrots
I will be the proud mama of one Blue-Fronted Amazon girl this coming summer
Thinking of you and your sweet bird during this time. I will say a prayer for both of you, for Loki that he has the strength of heart and body and mind to pull through this, for the doctors that they know just what to do and do it perfectly, and for you, that you will have the strength you need to get through this, that you will be able to rest so that you will be strong and able to help your boy through this. Hugs and many blessings

Dinosrawr

Aug 15, 2013
Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Parrots
Avery, a GCC born on March 5th, 2013 & Shiko, a blue IRN born on February 25th, 2014
I'm so sorry you have to go through the stress and worry again :( thankfully, like Terry said, the first round went well. I'll be keeping you and Loki and my thoughts and I hope for a speedy recovery!

kq_fan

Jun 26, 2013
Media
Seattle, Washington
Parrots
Lilo - Female Green Cheek Conure ~ Pal - male cockatiel ~ Pheobe - female cockatiel
Oh no! I am so sorry to hear that! :( I will pray for Loki and you! I pray that there will be a FULL QUICK recovery!!!!

OP
M

Mishcka

Feb 11, 2014
Nashville
Parrots
Cookatoo
Well it's late and I can't sleep, I think the worst thing I could have done was insist I go see Loki this evening to make sure he was being looked after and he was doing ok.... You know how us over protective mothers can be ! The vet had no troubles with us being there at all but did not really tell us what it was going to be like to see him this way.... They have him mostly sedated in a I sorta want to call it a bird bed so he can lay down. He has the feed tube in and a cone on his little head....he knew I was there but couldn't really respond to us. I had to leave cause I just couldn't handle it, if I talked to him he tried to move and seemed to make him hurt. Makes me think how much can I put him threw ? What is really the right thing to do when he is sick and they say well if we get past this he could be healthy again,then this happens 3 weeks later. I'm just at a lose and I don't know what is best anymore for him. It's breaking my heart.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
I'm so sorry to hear about Loki being sick again! I hope he will make a full recovery soon for you!!!

noblemacaw

Sep 23, 2011
Parrots
Valentino - Red Fronted Macaw - Hatched August 12, 2012
I am sorry you and Loki are going though such a hard time with health. I will pray for you and him to be strong enough to get though this. It is really hard to see your baby in the hospital getting intensive care. I had much the same experience with my Eclectus Joaquin when he first got sick. I ended up having to give him a very high level of care with injections and medications but he did end up pulling though and I was able to have two more wonderful years with him.

I hope things turn for the better with Loki and he will get stronger and stronger. Before you know it he will be well enough to come home. I wish you and your family well.

Most Reactions

Latest posts