Please show off your cage!

KatherineI

Mar 27, 2012
Media
Seattle, WA
Parrots
Loki (GCC) Sugar (Goffins)
Okay, took some quick pics before I head out.

Loki's Cage (and trust me, I've tried larger, he loves his cage and is perfectly happy. He also doesn't spend a ton of time in there anyway):
004.jpg

005.jpg

Sugar's cage (more toys to be added later, I'm leaving in a bit to bring her home!!):
002.jpg

001.jpg

003.jpg

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
oh that's exciting .good luck with your new baby . Alison and sweetie pie:D

KatherineI

Mar 27, 2012
Media
Seattle, WA
Parrots
Sorry about the pics being sideways guys! I had rotated them in Photobucket, but apparently it didn't take :-(

Lesa1211

Mar 29, 2012
Pittsurgh PA
Parrots
Kia-Goffin Cockatoo, Paco-Indian Ringneck
Here's Kia's setup. We built her a playstand and pretty much leave it next to her cage. She loves going back and forth climbing and playing.
lesa1211-albums-kia-picture3995-dscn3945.jpg

lesa1211-albums-kia-picture3996-dscn3947.jpg

MollyGreenCheeks

Jan 16, 2012
Media
Albums
Arizona, USA
Parrots
Molly - GCC, Cody - GCC, Gracie - Congo African Grey
On the left is Molly's cage 27 x 21 and on the right is Cody's cage 30 x 22. It's overkill for two GCC's but when I move to AZ I have plans to make one an outside cage.

Last edited:

KatherineI

Mar 27, 2012
Media
Seattle, WA
Parrots
On the left is Molly's cage 27 x 21 and on the right is Cody's cage 30 x 22. It's overkill for two GCC's but when I move to AZ I have plans to make one an outside cage.

Awesome!! I can't wait to move to AZ (fingers crossed still!!!) too; I plan to make what's currently Sugar's cage into an outdoor cage, get her a larger one, get Loki an outside cage, and keep his little one for sleeping. They'll both have playstands throughout the house for when it's too hot outside and evenings. I don't plan on caging him even when I'm gone (unless it's more than a couple of hours) as he tends to just hang out on his own anyway. Sugar will have to be put away, she's waaaay too destructive!

anderrl

Apr 30, 2012
Wisconsin
Parrots
3 cockateils (raskus, opie,Granny) 4 lovies, (nyla, pickle, olive, cherry)
not a great picture. my husband and i made this recently. it cost less than 2oo bucks. we made it over a weekend. because of the plywood sides, it had to have plenty of ladders and ropes so my lovebirds can travel up and down. They have settled in well, and it is way less messy in the rest of the room because it is enclosed. well worth the work!

Attachments

• 0430121245.jpg
    0430121245.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 460

MollyGreenCheeks

Jan 16, 2012
Media
Albums
Arizona, USA
Parrots
not a great picture. my husband and i made this recently. it cost less than 2oo bucks. we made it over a weekend. because of the plywood sides, it had to have plenty of ladders and ropes so my lovebirds can travel up and down. They have settled in well, and it is way less messy in the rest of the room because it is enclosed. well worth the work!

Very nicely done! Are the windows glass, plastic or is there some sort of screen that I am unable to see?

MollyGreenCheeks

Jan 16, 2012
Media
Albums
Arizona, USA
Parrots

Awesome!! I can't wait to move to AZ (fingers crossed still!!!) too; I plan to make what's currently Sugar's cage into an outdoor cage, get her a larger one, get Loki an outside cage, and keep his little one for sleeping. They'll both have playstands throughout the house for when it's too hot outside and evenings. I don't plan on caging him even when I'm gone (unless it's more than a couple of hours) as he tends to just hang out on his own anyway. Sugar will have to be put away, she's waaaay too destructive!

Oh, and I also have a small play gym on my desk so they can be near me while I'm surfing and two of the small table-top size Java Tree play gyms sitting in front of the windows. Like I said, over kill!! :p

KatherineI

Mar 27, 2012
Media
Seattle, WA
Parrots

Oh, and I also have a small play gym on my desk so they can be near me while I'm surfing and two of the small table-top size Java Tree play gyms sitting in front of the windows. Like I said, over kill!! :p

I am picking up a Manzanita (? I think that's it) stand, in a couple of weeks that's HUGE, plus we have a small table-top stand. I also use the play top portion of the travel cage, all depending on where I am. But yes, YOU SIR, are over kill Central!

HalfInsane

Dec 23, 2011
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
Pixel: female senegal, hatched Dec 15, 2011
Here's Pixel's cage. Don't worry; she normally doesn't get sunflowers, I was just bribing her to hold still for the photos ;)

IMG_9891editcrop.jpg

IMG_9886edit.jpg

It looks more crowded in there in the photos than it actually is! That and she's quite small, so she can easily hop and climb around.

Last edited:

anderrl

Apr 30, 2012
Wisconsin
Parrots
3 cockateils (raskus, opie,Granny) 4 lovies, (nyla, pickle, olive, cherry)
plexiglass on sides. bottom cage door and top of cage is part of comercially made cages. wish my phone took better pics!

vicky2200

Mar 24, 2012
Michigan
Parrots
Cockatiels and Parakeets
Mine aren't very fancy but here they are.

20120502_6.jpg

Chico and Bella's Cage^
20120502_9.jpg

Up close^
20120502_8.jpg

Bella^
20120502_7.jpg

Chico^
20120502_10.jpg

Bandit's cage
20120502_11.jpg

20120502_12.jpg

Bandit^

Chico loves his bell and Bella loves her mirror and swing. Bandit doesn't live dogs. Bandit has a wooden perch, two small plastic perches, a metal wheel, and a plastic swing. Chico and Bella have 2 wooden perches and two wooden swings.

dishgal1

May 1, 2012
Texas
Parrots
Forrest -Yellow sided Green Cheek Conure, Nacho- Sun Conure
This is Forrest's cage. I made the cover for it. Can't let him see the bird on front because he attacks it. So I just roll it back over the top in the daytime. He feels safer with a back on his cage. His cage is much bigger than he needs he spends so little time in it. Has all those toys and would rather play with my toys. His talking phone is his favorite along with the Boing.

Attachments

• forrestcage.jpg
    forrestcage.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 7,953
  • cagecover.jpg
    cagecover.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 494
  • cagecover2.jpg
    cagecover2.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 345

dishgal1

May 1, 2012
Texas
Parrots
Wow that is awesome Anderrl...........very attractive.

LolaLowlie

Apr 23, 2012
West Palm Beach, FL
Parrots
Howie - Vos Eclectus, Kiku -Quaker
This is Forrest's cage. I made the cover for it. Can't let him see the bird on front because he attacks it. So I just roll it back over the top in the daytime. He feels safer with a back on his cage. His cage is much bigger than he needs he spends so little time in it. Has all those toys and would rather play with my toys. His talking phone is his favorite along with the Boing.

What a nice cover! You made it? Its really great, and Forrest's cage looks like a jungle I love it! :D

dishgal1

May 1, 2012
Texas
Parrots
Yes I made the cover out of Black denim. Cut to fit the cage. The front velcros on. Left a gap on the left so he could have some light if needed in case he fell. He sleeps in his Hidey hut though and that has never happened. Of course in the morning he starts saying I love you and running to the gap wanting out. He is a strange little guy. Never poops in his cage until he gets out. Has a potty stand he goes to. It is huge in the morning so as soon as he wakes up he wants out. I also made a play station for him with a little cheap 3 tier cart. Has all kinds of stuff on it. Then he has a grapevine stand but he hates it. He is spooky of new things and some he never likes. Like I said he prefers my toys to his. I have spent a fortune on toys and he only likes 3 or 4. He likes climbing so I have lots of stuff in his cage to climb on.

terry52449

Feb 11, 2012
Media
The Villages, Fl
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo: Cameo
I was so glad to have seen your cages and especially all the accessories and toys. With all your experience you all have had with your birds I got a great insight into how I want to set up Cameos new cage. I don`t have it right now. Should have it Monday 5/7. Putting it together will be another issue all together.When I have
I noticed the different sized perches and the comments on minerals for the bird. I know the value for the different sized perches but I would like to know what minerals should be in there for Cameo?
When I have Cameos cage up and set up I will post some photos and welcome your critiques.

OP
Fiwi

Fiwi

Feb 26, 2012
Maryland
Parrots
5 YO Red Sided Eclectus
Wow! So glad to see so many wonderful homes for your birds! I haven't found a new cage for Emmett yet and I suppose I haven't felt too pressed b/c he really only sleeps in his cage. The majority of the time he hangs out on his play stand. Now that it's nice out, I just put his stand on the sunporch (away from other animals) so he doesn't have to be in his cage. That said, it won't be long before it's too hot for him to hang out on the porch, so I must get him a larger cage before that happens,

Has anyone found that their cage is TOO big? Obviously, not too big for the bird, but to keep clean? Maybe I'm obsessive, but I seem to spend a lot of time cleaning Emmett's cage and playstand. He makes quite the mess eating. I've found a couple nice Kings cages (4'x3'x6') for great deals (under $500), but I worry I will regret the super large size.

Most Reactions