Plums and poison

kellie

May 11, 2013
Arizona
Parrots
Lukah- Sun Conure, 10 months old!
Hey guys! So I recently got my Sun Conure a foraging toy and put some dried plums in it. The plums are organic and contain no preservatives (aka no sulfurs). They are also pitted. However, at the bottom it says "may contain traces of pits." My bird has been eating them and seems to ike them, but I'm worried because I know pits are poisonous to him. Will he avoid any pieces of pits that may be left or should I stop giving it to him? How dangerous are the pits really? Like will it kill him if he just accidentally eats a little piece of one or something? Let me know please! Thank you

Also, I noticed there are a few bubbles in his poop. Could be totally unrelated to the plums or maybe because of them. No idea how long theres been bubbles in his poop but I think it just started this morning and he's had the plums in there a few days now.

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
Bubbles are often an indication of an infection.... it may be a good idea to take your bird to an avian vet for a check up and discuss your concerns with them - and get a fecal done!

Most Reactions

Latest posts