Poll! Who grew up with parrots?

Merlee

Banned
Banned
Jul 25, 2012
USA
I grew up with birds. It started with a parakeet when I was in kindergarten and as I got older it expended to more budgies, finches and cockatiels. When I was in my mid-20's, I was exposed to the Amazons. I have always had a bird in my life and I am currently blessed with having two.

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
I've had birds since I was 12 years old. I've had birds now for slightly over half of my life, if that counts!

For me, it also started with budgies... then I had a cockatiel (still have her)... a cherry headed conure... a peach face lovebird... some grass parakeets (still have one)... and well.... people knew I had birds, or found out I had birds... and I got more birds!

Casey, my first tiel, I got over a year after I got into birds. She'll be 12 this year! I think she might be my youngest bird, but I have no proof on the age of some of the others.

Poppetsmum

Jul 31, 2013
Parrots
Poppet. A Quaker.
We apparently had a single finch when I was little but I don't remember it. However, my nan was the bird lady. Birds were just drawn to her. She always had budgies who seemed to take to her so quickly. You rarely saw her without a bird on her shoulder and they all lived to a ripe old age. Even wild garden birds seemed to love her and her garden was a haven for the birds. She died before her last Budgie did so I took him on and had him for two more years. My love of birds definitely came from my Nan and I'm forever grateful to her for that.

Most Reactions

Latest posts