kagan1042

Feb 11, 2014
Qld, Australia
Parrots
*Verde Birdy gcc 20.12.13-15.03.14 RIP sweet girl *

* Frootie - cinnamon gcc 26.01.14 *
* Pinky - Galah - early 1980's *
So what IS normal?

Frootie is a squirter....lots of pee, very little poop.

Poop goes from red to green. But pee is not white, its like watery, not formed.

The whole poop actually is very soft and unformed.

Whats usual in gccs?

Hotrod

Mar 14, 2014
Florida
Parrots
1 year old sun conure: Hotrod
I have a sun conure, and his poops have more of the clear liquid and his green poop is more unformed when he eats a lot of fruit. There is always white in it as well. In the mornings and when I get home in the evenings and get him out of his cage, he has GIANT poops from holding it during the night/day. Like triple the size of his "normal" sized poops sometimes! (I am not exaggerating! Lol)
It is always squishy-looking, never hard-looking. It just depends on what he eats, sometimes it is very watery and "squirty" and other times it is more soild.

Also, last week Hotrod had brown poop and it TOTALLY freaked me out; I was worried something was wrong with him. But by the end of the day when I got home, his poop was back to green, so it had to be something he ate. He has a variety of different foods in the mixture I give him, from pellets to seeds to fruit to raisins to dried veggies.

OP
K

kagan1042

Feb 11, 2014
Qld, Australia
Parrots
*Verde Birdy gcc 20.12.13-15.03.14 RIP sweet girl *

* Frootie - cinnamon gcc 26.01.14 *
* Pinky - Galah - early 1980's *
I've encountered the triple sized poop each morning - wozers!! She musthold on all night because there's never poop in her sleeping cage, waits until I hold her over some paper towel and then kapoop!

I don't think she's into pellets yet, we're slowly converting her. She loves her seed, pellets take em or leave em.

She eats lots of veggies - and about half amount of fruit. But veggies are def the favourite (brocollie, carrot, chili, capsicum, peas and beans, sprouts,pumpkin and zucchini)

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
Depending on the diet, the droppings can vary in color and consistency. I've actually noticed less formed droppings while on a diet with dyes, but a dye-free diet leads to better formed droppings.

Most Reactions