Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Steven went to visit his dad yesterday.
Early this morning we were chatting about his dad in the lounge, Mishka was sitting in his cage listening.

About 2 hours later Mishka says to me "Mommy where is daddy?"
I replied back "Daddy is gone"

Mishka says "Daddy is gone oh shame"

Mishka sits there deep in thought and says "I love my daddy, I want to kiss my daddy"

Since then he has been calling Daddy and giving a calling whistle.

My heart is so sore at the moment, thinking does a bird know what a daddy is..... he knows I am his mommy.

:grey:

Bundiibird

Mar 9, 2013
Rockhampton, Qld, Australia
Parrots
Bundiibird - Alex - hatched 31/08/09
& Millie - BFA - hatched 29/10/14 & Willow - CAG - hatched 30/10/19
Awwwww.... That is so cute. Mishka is so smart and thoughtful. I am sure he would know what daddy means.

Having never had a daddy in the house I guess Mishka put two and two together ...... mommy ....... daddy

Last edited by a moderator:

Captsteve

Jul 17, 2013
Crestview Fl.
Parrots
Goffin Too, U2, Scarlet Mac, B&G Mac, DYH Zon, CAG and a
Birdbrained Wife!
I'm sorry Ant.

I work offshore and am gone for a month at a time. Sometimes when I call home TreeBee will put me on speaker and Silas will perk up and tilt his head and listen, then try to kiss the phone.

So yes they do know and yes they miss their people.

OP
antoinette

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
I'm sorry Ant.

I work offshore and am gone for a month at a time. Sometimes when I call home TreeBee will put me on speaker and Silas will perk up and tilt his head and listen, then try to kiss the phone.

So yes they do know and yes they miss their people.

Hi there Capsteve........

Mishka has never had a daddy in the house !!!! :rolleyes:
I have been divorced for almost 21 years :eek:

That is what makes this so difficult

Captsteve

Jul 17, 2013
Crestview Fl.
Parrots
Goffin Too, U2, Scarlet Mac, B&G Mac, DYH Zon, CAG and a
Birdbrained Wife!
Then in that case I think Mishka is picking up on the emotion of the conversation.

Smarty pants you got there. :)

noblemacaw

Sep 23, 2011
Parrots
Valentino - Red Fronted Macaw - Hatched August 12, 2012
I suppose it would be inappropriate for your son to be the daddy Mishka needs. Maybe he thinks you need someone? Would that be putting too much into his thoughts? What about wanting to see the mysterious person (Daddy) your son left to go visit? If is fair to say Mishka is trying to figure out who it is that is taking Steven away from him?

It is interesting that Mishka suddenly wants to love and kiss a person he has never met. The person who his Steven goes to visit. If there is no room for the "Daddy" in Mishka's life (the bird is never to meet the actual person) just let him know you will give him all the love and kisses he could ever want.

OP
antoinette

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
I suppose it would be inappropriate for your son to be the daddy Mishka needs. Maybe he thinks you need someone? Would that be putting too much into his thoughts? What about wanting to see the mysterious person (Daddy) your son left to go visit? If is fair to say Mishka is trying to figure out who it is that is taking Steven away from him?

It is interesting that Mishka suddenly wants to love and kiss a person he has never met. The person who his Steven goes to visit. If there is no room for the "Daddy" in Mishka's life (the bird is never to meet the actual person) just let him know you will give him all the love and kisses he could ever want.

I reckon Mishka wants to meet his daddy as weird as that might sound.

Believe me he is loved to absolute bits and gets kisses whenever possible.

BillsBirds

Jan 9, 2012
Largo, Florida
Parrots
Timneh African Grey (Bailey), Lovebird (Elvis)
Ant, Mishka already knows me. Tell him Bill is his Daddy. He's never met me either. It might be just a name to him. Don't stress too much. He used to want to kiss me, and that passed. Eventually he'll move on to another thing to think about. He picks things up so easily & quickly. I hope my Bailey learns as well as Mishka.

OP
antoinette

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Ant, Mishka already knows me. Tell him Bill is his Daddy. He's never met me either. It might be just a name to him. Don't stress too much. He used to want to kiss me, and that passed. Eventually he'll move on to another thing to think about. He picks things up so easily & quickly. I hope my Bailey learns as well as Mishka.

OMG Bill great minds think alike
I was thinking how Mishka would call and want to kiss you !!!

He still today wants to kiss you it has never passed.

I will tell Mishka Bill is his daddy from today

These vid's sure bring back awesome memories

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PuTGTdAKOU]BEST TALKING PARROT IN THE WORLD MISHKA - Bill & Mom's Car - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdyXfh9oQ3A]BEST TALKING PARROT IN THE WORLD MISHKA - Bill Did You? - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ll8qN7a64Rc]BEST TALKING PARROT IN THE WORLD MISHKA - All about Bill - YouTube[/ame]

OP
antoinette

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
ishka
It was great to watch those videos of my friend. Thanks.

Glad you enjoyed going down memory lane :)

I told Mishka yesterday "Mishka Bill is your daddy"
He replied "ohhhhh hooooooo"
It was so cute !!!!!!!!

THANKS FOR BEING MISHKA'S DADDY ;)

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Awwwwwww Mishka.....All you need is your momma!!! Momma knows best!! :)

cnyguy

Apr 23, 2010
Syracuse, NY
Parrots
Quaker parrot, Ralph
Glad to hear that Mishka is happy with Bill as his volunteer daddy. :) Now, if he ever needs a long-distance uncle, I'm available. :D

OP
antoinette

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Glad to hear that Mishka is happy with Bill as his volunteer daddy. :) Now, if he ever needs a long-distance uncle, I'm available. :D

Awww Mishka would be so touched knowing you would love to be his long distance uncle....

I had better teach Mishka to say his new uncle's name
:eek:

Search all your posts for you name?.... can't find it, perhaps I am having a blonde day

Last edited:

cnyguy

Apr 23, 2010
Syracuse, NY
Parrots
Quaker parrot, Ralph

Awww Mishka would be so touched knowing you would love to be his long distance uncle....

Search all your posts for you name?.... can't find it, perhaps I am having a blonde day

No, I don't think that means you're having a "blonde day." I don't think my actual name has come up too often around here. My name is Gary-- and I'd be very happy to have a Grey nephew. I love reading about Mishka and the amazing things he says. :)

Gizmomania

Banned
Banned
Aug 25, 2012
San Diego
Parrots
Duskies: Gizmo & Niko, hatched 3/12 & 5/12; pineapple GCC: Skittles, 5/10/13; Pan Am: Harley, 1/27/13; CAG: Maalik, 7/27/13; Eclectus: Ziggy, 4/4/04; BHC: Walter 6 y; baby Jardine's: Bogart-May!
OMG, Gary, George lived for 70 years? I'm in awe of your parrontry. A job well done! Just had to comment on your signature, as it's a powerful one at that.

OP
antoinette

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old

No, I don't think that means you're having a "blonde day." I don't think my actual name has come up too often around here. My name is Gary-- and I'd be very happy to have a Grey nephew. I love reading about Mishka and the amazing things he says. :)

Well hello Gary... Mishka's new uncle

Time permitting I will teach him your name

Watch this space !!!!

cnyguy

Apr 23, 2010
Syracuse, NY
Parrots
Quaker parrot, Ralph
George the YCA was roughly 30 years old when he joined the family in 1969, and was with me for 40 years. And he would sometimes call me by name, in the same tone of voice my mom used when I was a teenager and was wanted on the telephone. :D Ralph just calls me Graaaccckk. :)

If I am to be Mishka's honorary uncle, I suppose that makes Ralph his cousin. I hope he likes Quaker parrots. ;)

Most Reactions