Popcorn thief...pic

Nakiska

May 30, 2011
Washington
Parrots
4 Cockatiels 2 males Chicken Little & Charlie, 2 Females Chiquita and Sweet pea. Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure -Franklin and our now tame, rescued feral Pigeon - Belle.
Shared some other pic's of our tiels in the tiel forum, however I had to share this one of Franklin here in the conure forum.

Not to worry, it's just plain ole air popped popcorn. :)

As you can see, Franklin likes to dive right in, our 'tiel's on the other hand were using the "sneaky" approach. :D

Each of our birds have their own cage but each night we let them all 3 out for their "walkabout" time where I put a big towel on our bed and sprinkle what ever treats/fruit's/veggies/toys etc for them to forrage around and play with.

Their antics are often quite funny as they steal from each other and run off to "hide" on my husband or I.

Franklin will be 4 months old in 9 days.

Have a great day!

Toni

Last edited:

PrettyInInk87

Jul 6, 2011
San Diego
Parrots
"Apple" Yellow-sided Green Cheeck Conure
Awwwwww!! :D They are just ADORABLE!

Where do you get this plain airpopped pop corn? I want to try it with Apple.

xreinx

May 24, 2011
Alaska
Parrots
-no parrots yet-
I do have two cats -Riply & Nano bites-
four snakes- china, dip & stick, and Grand Chahee-
Id get a air popper, ink. they arnt that expensive and I love the taste of air popped popcorn, it dosent have that heavy taste that oil popped corn does. and its FUN to turn on and watch the popcorn fly from the pit into the bowl.

PrettyInInk87

Jul 6, 2011
San Diego
Parrots
"Apple" Yellow-sided Green Cheeck Conure
Id get a air popper, ink. they arnt that expensive and I love the taste of air popped popcorn, it dosent have that heavy taste that oil popped corn does. and its FUN to turn on and watch the popcorn fly from the pit into the bowl.

That is very cool, I will be visiting Walmart soon since they have everything. :D Thank you!

xreinx

May 24, 2011
Alaska
Parrots
-no parrots yet-
I do have two cats -Riply & Nano bites-
four snakes- china, dip & stick, and Grand Chahee-
sorry, yea simple pleasures I guess, I still get a thrill from using it, as it was the only appliance that (as a child) I was allowed to use by myself, growing up (age 5 or 6) and the feeling of plain old fun is still there then I turn it on and watch the bowl fill up.

OP
Nakiska

Nakiska

May 30, 2011
Washington
Parrots
4 Cockatiels 2 males Chicken Little & Charlie, 2 Females Chiquita and Sweet pea. Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure -Franklin and our now tame, rescued feral Pigeon - Belle.
sorry, yea simple pleasures I guess, I still get a thrill from using it, as it was the only appliance that (as a child) I was allowed to use by myself, growing up (age 5 or 6) and the feeling of plain old fun is still there then I turn it on and watch the bowl fill up.

Hahahaha! Me tooo! My brother and I would watch, eyes peeled as the kernals spun round and round and round, until finally...POP! Went the first kernal!

SPIRITBIRD Yes - popcorn is definitely a birdie haven mess maker. :D

prettyinink - you should have no trouble finding an air popper at walmart and as xreinx mentioned and birds definitely LOVE IT!

Thanks for looking everyone, have a great day!

Toni

Most Reactions

Latest posts