Porscha

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
macaw,LS2,congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,Hawkhead,yellowstrk lory,Blue frnt amazon,sun conure ,Yellow sided greencheek ,Goffin ,Rosebreasted Cockatoo,Greenwing Macaw,Blue and Gold Macaw,Nanday conure,Ecle
So excited !! I was able to get her in a harness :) Shes the 10 year old plucked Ruby macaw I got in December. Ive been working hard with her [and shes doing great ]. This Harness thing is HARD !! Wish I had started doing this right off with the ones I had since weaned. I love to be able to take them outside for a bit . I have some cages and use dog carriers for the Macaws. I like the harness better , hoping my baby Blue and gold will do this too. I do admire people who don't need them {Birdman :)]. I have to use something though :).
pinkbirdy-albums-more-birds-picture14777-dsc00103.jpg

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Hellooooo you pretty Ruby girl!!!:D LOVE her view, too! She's got the sweetest expression right there in that photo!

Christinenc2000

Oct 8, 2014
North Carolina
Parrots
Big Bird _ Blue & Gold Macaw
So glad to see this. I bought the harness but no luck with it yet.
I use a cage for outside...... just not the same

You have inspired me > I will work harder to get him into it

GreatBlue320

May 5, 2015
Parrots
Baxter - Illiger's Macaw (hatch date 5.1.15);

Taylor - Black capped Conure (RIP 3.14.15 - miss you every day little "Girlie")
Congratulations to you and Porscha! She look so happy to be outside. Great job!

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Awww, she looks so happy to be outside:) I bet she is intrigued by all the sights and smells and sounds out there. Great job getting her in a harness too!

Last edited:

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
So of course I got this all wrong. :eek: A duh for this blonde. Her name is Porscha, and she's a Ruby macaw. Ta-Daaa! :D

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Porscha looks happy and so inquisitive. I'm glad she's making such good progress!

OP
Pinkbirdy

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
macaw,LS2,congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,Hawkhead,yellowstrk lory,Blue frnt amazon,sun conure ,Yellow sided greencheek ,Goffin ,Rosebreasted Cockatoo,Greenwing Macaw,Blue and Gold Macaw,Nanday conure,Ecle
I'd love to do this as well...but I better stock up on band aids before trying (tho he hasn't bit me yet)..
I know what you mean:eek:I have a Gw Id love to do to. But I see her biting right through the harness [their not cheap.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I LOVE that look on her face! That is pure joy:)

Mariar

May 9, 2014
Clearwater Florida but grew up in Wisconsin
Parrots
Doolie,Yellow nape amazon(r.i.p.03/10/15)
Sissy,severe macaw(rescued on 03-16-15) chirpy,sparrow(beak less) jack,Jill,chase,fiona,finch, and tiger,sulfer crested(rescued 04/15/20
She looks so happy to be out...great job on the harness..I want to get one and try it on sissy.

akrrm

Apr 29, 2014
New Jersey
Parrots
Swoop~Blue and Gold Macaw (30 years young)
She is so beautiful and looks like she enjoys being outside. :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts