Post quarantine introduction of birds.....

schristensen13

Oct 6, 2010
Chico, CA
Parrots
Meyers (Kevin) and CAG (Mariah)
So, I've had my CAG for one week and she is doing great. Comfortable in our home....whistles, talks, interacts. Bonding to me more and more each day.....
My next step is introducing her to my 8 month old Meyers parrot. They have whistled back and forth although they are in different rooms. In fact, I really can't tell the difference between most of the whistles because she immitates him so thouroughly.
I have heard of people housing different species in the same large cage but have no idea how to actually go about that. Surfing the internet I have found a great cage that I really llike (Jasper Corner Bird Cage - Bird Cages at Bird Cages)

I would love to have both of my birds enjoy this cage and have multiple playstands and perches for their "outside the cage" time. In fact, even if they don't get along I will most likely get this cage for my CAG anyway.

If anyone has any tips or pointers on how to best handle introductions and what to watch out for I would appreciate it! :)

OP
S

schristensen13

Oct 6, 2010
Chico, CA
Parrots
Meyers (Kevin) and CAG (Mariah)
Please note that no introductions will take place for at least another 3 weeks, after her quarantine....

willist

Sep 5, 2009
Tequesta Fl.
Parrots
CAG - Willis T.
Greenwing - Auggie
Harlequin - Connie
Blue&Gold - Charly
Just my opinion, but I'd keep them in separate cages and let them interact on a neutral perch, or play stand.

Most Reactions

Latest posts