pregnant!?!?!?

Birdlover11

Aug 23, 2012
Long island
Parrots
Pepsi and sprite, both are American male budgies
I don't know much about eggbinding symptoms but is their a bump anywhere near the belly ? We are bird owners, not vets. I reccomend taking her to the vet.

MarciaLove

Jan 4, 2012
USA Georgia
Parrots
Sugar the Blue Crown Conure♂, Merlin the Camelot Macaw♂
yes she looks like she may be carrying an egg but doesn't look egg bound yet if she doesn't pass it in a couple of days I would take her to a vet.

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
Forgive me, but I'm not a big fan of the cage or anything in it. I used to have a white one that was similar, but I quickly found that it was hard to place perches, toys and dishes within the cage.

Please, if you can, replace the cage with a square or rectangle cage (preferably wider than it is tall) with natural wood perches and rope perches.

Wooden dowel perches are not healthy for their feet, and if you are going to have a nestbox inside the cage, you need easy access to it from outside of the cage.

I'm also not entirely sure that your green budgie is a hen. Can you get us clear photos of both budgies faces with as much natural light as possible?

Something as clear, if possible, as the following images would be great!

Female01.jpg

Female03.jpg

Male01.jpg

MarciaLove

Jan 4, 2012
USA Georgia
Parrots
Sugar the Blue Crown Conure♂, Merlin the Camelot Macaw♂
I agree with MonicaMc on the cage deal I don't like dowel rods or plastic perches and I think rectangle cages are best also the bigger the better!

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
IF you can get a front face picture would be great cause from the partial looks of it she doesn't seem to be in breeding condition. As female budgies get into breeding condition their cere turns crusty brown. I also do agree that cage is not the best as the square cages are better. BUT instead of asking more questions for answers, like I've said we can only speculate, you really DO need to bring her to a vet for a better examination if your that worried about her!

Most Reactions

Latest posts