Preparing For A New Budgie

lollipoppy

Mar 10, 2020
Canada
Parrots
Mama to Milo the Pineapple X Cinnamon GCC
:greenyellow:

Hello! I am so excited to be here, I haven't been on a forum in YEARS, lol. I love them so!

I used to have a parrotlet and a lovebird, they were beautiful and so much fun. I am looking into adopting a budgie now, and am excited to be here! :57:

It has been a few years since I have had a bird, so I was hoping someone could point me in the direction of some good learning resources - back to basics stuff. (You could also drop a thread below, I know going over the basics over and over again can be annoying, lol.)

I remember this so far:
- No teflon
- No candles
- No harsh chemical sprays/cleaners
- Not too close to the heater (we have baseboards)
- Birdproofing rooms, etc.

Is there anything budgie-specific I should know about?

PS: I work from home and homeschool my daughter so we will be around plenty to keep the birdie company, which is why we are only getting one and not two. Also, I have already planned to get him/her a small travel cage so when we go places he/she can come in the cage with us, to avoid them being home alone & getting depressed/confused. (As it is, we don't travel much anyway.)

Thanks in advance! Looking forward to playing around on forums again... it really has been so long, haha!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.

Most Reactions

Latest posts