prison break

kinfan621

Apr 28, 2020
Just day 3 my BOBBY escaped from the cage just like prison break ,just lucky I have close all the door and windows before I went out, quite difficult to put him back to the cage as he doesn't listen to me ,I am happy to let him playing outside of the cage but I think he is a bit scared ,he non stop flying everywhere and everytime when I try to get close to him he will just flying away ,as he is not stable enough I just worry he will get hurt by accident, finally I need to used a towel to catch him and put him back to the cage

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Greater Orlando area, Florida
Parrots
JoJo, 'Special' GCC, Bongo, Cinnamon GCC(wife's)
Yep, them Quakers are infamous for escapes! A wire cage is no match for them! Especially the ones with sliding food tray doors!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
You may need elaborate "locks" or perhaps a new cage if prison-breaking continues! Many parrot species are Houdinis and amaze with cleverness.

Might try "C" clamps and tighten with pliers as needed. Pain in the butt for sure. I have used single strand stainless steel wire without insulation to block access to doors as needed. (purchased from fishing supply store)

You have to get creative and wake up early in the morning to defeat a willful parrot's escapism!

fiddlejen

Mar 28, 2019
Media
New England
Parrots
Sunny the Sun Conure (sept '18, gotcha 3/'19). Mr Jefferson Budgie & Mrs Calliope Budgie (albino) (nov'18 & jan'19). Summer 2021 Baby Budgies: Riker (Green); Patchouli, Keye, & Tiny (blue greywings).
Yep, them Quakers are infamous for escapes! A wire cage is no match for them! Especially the ones with sliding food tray doors!

I don't know if these will stand up to Quakers but, just to prevent accidents, I clip all my movable food doors with these:

https://www.amazon.com/Goody-Womens-Classics-Claw-Count/dp/B00DKX17G0/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=Hair%2BClaw&qid=1588178494&sr=8-5&th=1

They also come in handy for attaching things (ie, lettuce, homemade pellet-chew sticks, etc) to cage walls, as well as adjusting the curtain-covers when needed. I keep a bunch of them in different sizes.

Most Reactions

Latest posts