Pritti has passed. 33 years on Earth... Now over the Rainbow.

Betrisher

Jun 3, 2013
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Parrots
Dominic: Galah(RIP: 1981-2018); The Lovies: Four Blue Masked Lovebirds; Barney and Madge (The Beaks): Alexandrines; Miss Rosetta Stone: Little Corella
Kacee! I'm so sorry to hear of Pritti's passing! He certainly was a funny little character and I know how deeply you loved him. I'm glad you were with him at the end: all he had to do was go to sleep and rest in his Mum's hands. I know the heartache is so painful now, but be glad you and Pritti got to share a lifetime together.

Rest in Peace, little Pritti. You were a Good Bird!

With much love from Trish, Dominic, Barney, Madge and the Lovies. XX

ruffledfeathers

Aug 23, 2012
Media
NJ
Parrots
Gilbert Oliver, Blue Crown Conure; Georgie, Sun Conure (2/8/01-8/8/12) RIP little girl; Percy, budgie 1993-1999. RIP Pepito-spanish timbrado canary
I am so sorry to log in this morning and see this news of Pritti passing. I too felt that I almost knew him, and he was a favorite bird of mine on this forum. He will never be forgotten.

I have no words that can comfort you right now, sadly, but I am so sorry for your loss of this special bird. Happy that you got to be with him at the end and that you two had each other's love for all those years.

Fly free Pritti.

OP
WannaBeAParrot

WannaBeAParrot

Jul 5, 2012
Media
SE Florida and Sullivan County, NY
Parrots
Cody-Blu, female Blue-Crowned Conure, Hatched - (approx) June 1, 2014, in a South Florida tree.

Pritti (Cherry-Head Conure) -- Fly in Peace my beautiful boy. Forever I'll love you.
Dear Friends,
Thank you all so much for your support and kind words. So many people have shared their sad news here when they have suffered a loss like this. It's because they know, as I know, that only a parront knows what the relationships means and the bond that grows between a parrot and a parront. It means a great deal to me to hear your sweet words about Pritti. Yes, he was an incredible special gift from the universe to me and my family. I know that you all feel the same way about your fids. Love them and keep making them happy for all they give us.

Kacee

goalerjones

Oct 24, 2011
Parrots
Hahn's macaw, RIP George, Jenday Conure
Wannabe, so sorry. Was 33 a long time for her breed? Also, was it unexpected or something that you had a feeling was coming?

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
33 years is a long, full life for a conure. And he knew he was loved.

What more could any living thing ask for from life?!

Sorry for your loss.

OP
WannaBeAParrot

WannaBeAParrot

Jul 5, 2012
Media
Parrots
Cody-Blu, female Blue-Crowned Conure, Hatched - (approx) June 1, 2014, in a South Florida tree.

Pritti (Cherry-Head Conure) -- Fly in Peace my beautiful boy. Forever I'll love you.
Wannabe, so sorry. Was 33 a long time for her breed? Also, was it unexpected or something that you had a feeling was coming?

Goaler, It was very sudden and completely unexpected. I was right there when it happened so it was a crisis that started and ended sadly in a matter of 10 minutes. Tremendous shock.

33 is a nice span for a cherry-headed conure that his been a companion bird vs. out in the wild. In fact, a-vets have disucssed with me that it is a rarity to see a CHC past their early 20's. I was sure I would be with him for another 5, hopefully 10 years. Various sites have CHC's listed as having a potential lifespan of 25 years, 35 years, and even 50 years. So it's hard to say which is correct.

:green1:

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Kacee, I just read this sad post, I am so deeply sorry for your loss of Pritti. Thirty three years is a long life and to spend it with one human family is phenomenal. It's never easy to say goodby to the special creatures we share our lives with. No matter how long we get to keep them, it's never long enough. I am so glad you were there to comfort Pritti and tell him once more how special he was. My thoughts are with you, your family, and all Pritti's many friends.

Fly free Little One, you will be remembered.

BoomBoom

May 2, 2012
Parrots
Boomer (Sun Conure 9 yrs), Pewpew (Budgie 5 yrs), Ulap (Budgie 2 yrs), Eight & Kiki (Beloved Budgies, RIP)
Hi Kacee,

I just wanted to pass by to let you know you have been in my thoughts all day today. Sending you all the positivity in the universe. I hope you are well.

Cheers,

J.

EAI

Jul 25, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Parrots
Budgerigar: Arrow, Esther, Kratos, Cora, Ducky.

Lovebird: Izzy, Gizmo.
I'm so sorry for your loss, it must have been such a great 33 years for him and for you.

I'm wishing the best for you.

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
awwww, Kacee....I am so sorry to hear about Pritti. I'm not on here much now, but I just wanted to offer my condolences. for sure he was one in a million.((hugs))

OP
WannaBeAParrot

WannaBeAParrot

Jul 5, 2012
Media
Parrots

Hi Kacee,

I just wanted to pass by to let you know you have been in my thoughts all day today. Sending you all the positivity in the universe. I hope you are well.

Cheers,

J.

Hi J.
Thanks so much for checking in. It is getting easier to hold back the tears. Hearing from you and other members here that understand and seem to find the right words of support is a comfort. It's so hard to break away from my natural impulse to have our good morning greetings, to get his little dishes of fresh snacks and treats ready throughout the day. I miss how our little zany ritual at daily paper change and clean-up time. So cute how he would stand up top and watch and sometimes chase after the newspapers. Even though he had seen it happen many thousands of times, it was always like a play date for Pritti. Such fun.

BoomBoom

May 2, 2012
Parrots
Boomer (Sun Conure 9 yrs), Pewpew (Budgie 5 yrs), Ulap (Budgie 2 yrs), Eight & Kiki (Beloved Budgies, RIP)
I totally understand. Cry often, its perfectly natural. Drop by the forum frequently, you have a lot of people who care about you here.

Timothy

Aug 16, 2014
Port Richey, Florida
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw [Maya] // Sun Conure Baby [Zippo] // 2 Lovebirds [Nibblet & Nellie]
Awwwww. Im so sorry for your loss. It breaks my heart to hear storys like this. All i can say is Thank you for giving him a wonderful life. I'm sure wherever he is he's grateful for a wonderful companion like yourself.

EnglishMuffin

Mar 1, 2014
Vancouver, Canada
Parrots
Sootie- Yellow-sided GCC
WBAP I've never spoken to you before on here but I'm sorry for the pain you're going through for losing your friend. But what a beautiful, joyous thing for a fid of 33 to have known only one family. That is a testament to what wonderful parronts you were and how well loved he was. He never knew the pain of rejection or the stress of being passed around as most of our feathered babies do. He lived his long life loved and well cared for.

strudel

Sep 30, 2013
Media
I just saw Pritti's photo on the POTM page. I'm so sorry you've lost him. I can't read this thread to find out what happened, I get too upset, but I'm very sorry such a beautiful bird is gone. :(

OP
WannaBeAParrot

WannaBeAParrot

Jul 5, 2012
Media
Parrots

Kacee, you've been in my thoughts all week. I hope that you're doing okay.

Thanks so much for your thoughts. It's been tough but I am not paralyzed with constant sadness as I was for the first few days. I can function better now. Most difficult time is in the evening when I would settle down with Pritti and give him scritches and he would usually fall asleep on me. And after a while, I would bring him to his sleeping perch and fuzzy buddy for the night. I also miss "good morning" kisses and hellos sooooooo much. I keep reminding myself of what our vet said -- "It was his time and he had a great long life."

K

mimi88

Feb 23, 2013
Australia
Parrots
Margarita (Scaly Lorikeet) Boo (Musk Lorikeet) ChiChi & KoKo (GCC) Sooky & GiGi (Fischer Lovebirds)
I am very sorry for your loss. It sounds like Pritti lived a life filled with so much love and happiness. Time will help to heal, but can't take away that empty spot in your heart for him. Maybe one day you can give another birdie a little spot in your heart, the same way you did with Pritti.

OP
WannaBeAParrot

WannaBeAParrot

Jul 5, 2012
Media
Parrots

Maybe one day you can give another birdie a little spot in your heart, the same way you did with Pritti.

Mimi,
Thank you for your kind words. I surely will be sharing my home with another parrot that needs a forever home. I will wait a month or two. When the time feels right, I will adopt a bird from a Rescue or perhaps from a home where s/he can or should no longer stay. My beautiful Pritti taught me soooooo many things, and I want to share his teachings with another birdy.

K

kq_fan

Jun 26, 2013
Media
Seattle, Washington
Parrots
Lilo - Female Green Cheek Conure ~ Pal - male cockatiel ~ Pheobe - female cockatiel
I am so sorry for your loss. He was a great and very handsome bird! Such a little clown! :D Big attitude! :) I did cry a little when I saw the post. :( so sorry :(

Most Reactions