problems during pregnacy in cockatiel

petra2424

Mar 26, 2010
hello, two days before my cickatiel Rena was laying at the bottom of the cage, i thought it could be egg binding although she has good daily nutrition. we visited the doctor who told me that the egg hasn't form yet but she is in pain and he gave her a medecin in order to have more contractions, i don't know if i'm saying this right so she would lay the egg easier, 30 hours passed since then, my cockatiel looks awful and she still feels pain. in adition he told me that a lot of things could happen and i can't do nothing about it but watch. i don't want to loose her, last year another of my cockatiels died Andy, i can't take it, just being next to her and watch.

Riley's mom

Banned
Banned
Dec 17, 2009
Holiday, Florida
Parrots
Military's, African Greys, Blue and Gold, Goffin, conures, quaker, lovebird, senegal parrot
No offense to your vet, but I would find another one. There are things that can be done. I would get a hold of an avian spe******t ASAP. Keep her warm and good luck.

OP
P

petra2424

Mar 26, 2010
another vet ? there's no another in cyprus where i live. the other one accepts only wensdeys. my tiel died.

Most Reactions