prolapse?

LeslieA

Aug 21, 2018
Media
Albums
Parrotian Castle
Parrots
Glenn, IRN; Sherman, WCP; JoJo, budgie; Tommy, budgie; Daytona, Sunday; Sir Lancelot, GCC; Duchess, BCC; Chirps, GRP (Green-rumped Parrotlet)
I'll tell you my prolapse lovebird story. Nows your chance to stop!
My female lovebird George kept trying to lay eggs that just didn't fit right. I found her laying on the cage bottom and thought she was dead.

She wasn't! George was extremely prolapse though. Her prolapse made it hard for her to even poop.

Because of her size, age and the fact that she survived the test sedation splendidly, the AV agreed to operate. Unfortunately, George died during surgery.

Sometimes it's just the bird. Only you can know why. If your gut tells you the vet, ask questions.

There's nothing wrong with asking to see a vet's certification. Also, before ANY procedure, ask if they've done it before. I treat an AV just like I would before they cut on a child. My baby doesn't need to be their experiment!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
What a wonderful update for Kaya! Such dedication and quest to find the best treatment. Judging by pricing in the SoCal area, you got a lot for your $1200!

LordTriggs

May 11, 2017
Surrey, UK
Parrots
Rio (Yellow sided conure) sadly no longer with us
excellent news! It's good to see that even with something as serious as this things can be improved and make her life fuller!

Most Reactions