Pros & Cons of Quaker parronting....

palmetto941

Nov 14, 2013
Tecumseh, MI
Parrots
Cosmo-Blue Quaker born 11/11/2013; Mattie-Green Quaker born 3/2010; Tiki, Timneh African Grey, RIP 11/2017; Pogo, Congo African Gray
Still looking for my pet....
What are the pros & cons of Quakers?
I've dealt with conures previously and I am not as interested in them.
Also considering an CAG. Not sure which or both, not sure about the dander from the CAG bothering the B & G Macaw Simba......All the birds will be in one room, a great room that's not great in size but is living, dining and kitchen combined.....

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Quakers are wonderful birds to have, super smart, can learn to talk, etc. They can be cage territorial and can be noisy somewhat, but isn't that with a lot of birds....lol....

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Mike's right! Quakers are amazing birds! Huge parrots in small bodies.
They have a wide range of personalities. My female quaker is an excellent talker and they are known for using language in context. My male quaker is shy and angelic and doesn't talk much but speaks clearly when he does talk. Both my Quakers tease my cockatoo.

cnyguy

Apr 23, 2010
Syracuse, NY
Parrots
Quaker parrot, Ralph
Quakers are typically intelligent and friendly, curious, entertaining, and funny. They can also be stubborn, bossy, loud and messy (like most parrots can :D ), and they have the reputation for being cage aggressive. Each Quaker has a unique personality. My QP Ralph has all of the positive traits I listed, and a few of the negative ones (he's not all that loud, and isn't cage agressive at all). Most Quakers are wonderful companions and are very good at finding a special place in your heart. :)

mrgoogls

May 6, 2012
Parrots
1 male Quaker-Cooper
i agree with pretty much everything said already. from when i got cooper up until about 4 months ago, he was VERY cage aggressive. but after some target training and some time he steps up with no problem. he isnt super loud, but chatters almost all day. he is VERY smart, and doesnt talk a ton, but definitely does talk quite a bit.

Jlong1989

Mar 5, 2012
Fullerton,CA
Parrots
20 year old Congo African grey male
12 year old blue and gold macaw male
2 year old greenwing macaw
male
Breeding pair of rosey bourkes
Breeding pair of cockatiels
My CAG is housed in the same room as my macaws and they seem fine but i run a good air purifier 24/7. My mom has a quaker and loves her but she can be quite loud if she doesn't see my mother

Most Reactions

Latest posts