Puck is sick again :-(

Remy

Jul 13, 2011
California
Parrots
Darcy (Golden-Collared Macaw), Puck (Caique - RIP)
He is puffing up and not taking much interest in his surroundings. I can't get him to play with stuff he normally likes, like tissues and straws.

He's just been having problem after problem the last few months! First it was giardia, then his smelly poop. He JUST started a new med for smelly poop yesterday (the last one didn't work), and now he is acting sick.

I wasn't around him all day today, and when I got home he was acting like this. My mom has had him out a lot of the day and didn't notice anything, although in retrospect she noticed he didn't really eat much, or play much.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Did he get rid of Giardia yet? I hope he gets better!!!!

OP
Remy

Remy

Jul 13, 2011
California
Parrots
He's had 3 negative tests for giardia, one of them earlier this month, although there can be false negatives. He also did a course of Flagil earlier this month, because his poop was stinky. It didn't work, so he started the Baytril yesterday (well, Wednesday), and when I got home from work he was acting all sick.

It's good that I took him in when I did, because I just watched him get worse while we were waiting at the vet. He started vomiting a little when he got there, and just got more and more lethargic. They are keeping him over night, going to give him an IV for fluids, run a fecal test. I think we'll probably end up doing another blood panel, but we'll see what happens with the fecal.

I feel more comfortable with the professionals watching him tomorrow while I'm at work, because my mom apparently did not notice any of his symptoms during the day (lethargy, no appetite) until I asked her about them later.

OP
Remy

Remy

Jul 13, 2011
California
Parrots
This morning they say he acting nice and healthy, and ate a bunch.

They are recommending that I try the Baytril through the weekend, or that I get bloodwork and X rays done to see if we can find anything (and is also another $300).

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots
Merlin & Charlie (Senegals)
Sorry to inform you all that Puck passed away today. I know Remy is upset and she probably hasn't thought to update you all, so...

Lots of love coming your way Remy :(

Parrotmamma

May 2, 2012
Texas
Parrots
Crackers ~ a Green cheek conure , Cosmo~ a Timneh African Grey
Oh No , My heart just sank reading this.... I am so sorry Remy :(

Pedro

Dec 15, 2010
Australia
Parrots
2 Budgies, 3 Cockatiels, 6 GCC'S, 2 Crimson Bellie Conures, 9 Sun Conures, 2 Major Mitchells, 12 Eclectus parrots of various ages, 2 BF Amazons, 2 Hahn's Macaw's, 1 Red Tail Black Too
I am so sorry to hear this sad news Remy.

Big "HUGS"

dishgal1

May 1, 2012
Texas
Parrots
Forrest -Yellow sided Green Cheek Conure, Nacho- Sun Conure
I am so very sorry to hear this. I know how bad it must hurt. Prayers and thoughts for you.

ann

Feb 18, 2011
USA
Parrots
1 nanday conure Black Jack, 1 Brotogeris parakeet Whiff, 1 ring neck dove Eliza, and 6 society finches (3 are tame). RIP my parent pairs of societies and my little gouldian finches
im so sorry, our hearts and prayers go out to you. Puck was loved by this forum, and had a wondeful loving owner. Remy, you did the best you could and gave him a wonderful life, we are all here for you, puck will mot be forgotten.

Most Reactions