Pumpkin Pie??

Facex2

Nov 25, 2010
Is it ok for my Amazon (I think that what he is) pumpkin pie? He got a taste the other day and now he begs for it..:greenyellow:

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
I would check out the recipe first, making sure the ingredients are safe for the bird. Make sure there are no onions in it, very dangerous for bird to eat.

You not sure what species your bird is................ how come may I ask?

SharonC

May 26, 2010
Amazons will beg for anyting that you're eating! LOL! I would think that pumpkin pie is high in sugar, so I wouldn't...well, a small taste would be OK, I suppose, but really not a good idea. Amazons are prone to being overweight.

HRH Di

Jan 9, 2010
Media
McKinney, TX
Parrots
Max - Alexandrine, Jade - Red-Front Macaw, Ruby - CAG
I agree with Sharon. There isn't anything in pumpkin pie that would be harmful necessarily, but there is a lot of sugar and some milk in it. As a treat in small amounts once in a while should be okay.

Ruby likes just plain pumpkin for the can. It's pretty inexpesive so you might try that.

nofearengineer

Sep 8, 2010
Parrots
Gandalf - CAG (1997-2010) R.I.P. my baby boy.
Bitty - CAG (2 yrs old? and working on spoiling her rotten)
Amazons will beg for anyting that you're eating!

Ain't that the truth! I swear if I was munching on a bowl of broken glass, Gandalf would have wanted some too LOL.

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
Instead of the pie you could get a fresh pumpkin and bake it with some spices or open a can of pumkin and make a bird mash. That was it would not have the sugar.

HRH Di

Jan 9, 2010
Media
McKinney, TX
Parrots
Max - Alexandrine, Jade - Red-Front Macaw, Ruby - CAG
Amazons will beg for anyting that you're eating!

Ain't that the truth! I swear if I was munching on a bowl of broken glass, Gandalf would have wanted some too LOL.

If I'm eating something that Ruby wants to share, she'll follow the fork/spoon from my plate to my mouth with beak wide open...just waiting for the instant she can steal a taste. Little grey goober! Of course, she usually ends up with a taste anyway. :09:

Most Reactions