Put a deposit down... I'M A PARRONT TO BE!!!!!!!!!

shyness

Jul 10, 2012
I put down a deposit on my babu double yellow head today....im toooooooooo happy:green2:

Blancaej

Apr 5, 2013
Middlebury, VT
Parrots
CAG Quincy - BD 3/27/00. Gotcha 6/00 ~ GW Macaw Savannah - BD 6/21/93. Gotcha 4/13 ~ B&G Macaw Coqui - BD 9/3/03. Gotcha 10/13 ~ Blue Crown Conure Sidney - BD Unknown Approx 5 Years Old. Gotcha 6/15/
How exciting! Congratulations. Can't wait to see pics! How old is he/she at this point? Has it hatched?

OP
shyness

shyness

Jul 10, 2012
it is 3 weeks old.. her name is apple.. I am very happy with person i am getting her from.. this is best thing ever... so I getting ready to set up her cage and stuff. I have to get all her toys and things before she comes home... Her breeder said this baby is a beauty.. she is going to take pics and send them.. as soon as i get pics i will post

Wdlodge

May 13, 2013
Media
San Diego
Parrots
Kiwi -Pacific Parrotlet, Rio - Senegal. Both hatched 2/2013
it is 3 weeks old.. her name is apple.. I am very happy with person i am getting her from.. this is best thing ever... so I getting ready to set up her cage and stuff. I have to get all her toys and things before she comes home... Her breeder said this baby is a beauty.. she is going to take pics and send them.. as soon as i get pics i will post

Awwwww, I love that name Apple. That's what I wanted to name Rio our senegal, but It was 2 against 1, and I lost. We already have a Kiwi our parrotlet, and my husband and child said no more fruit... lol. Congrats!

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
WOHOOOOO!!!! What super exciting news! I am SO happy for you!!!!! :D

Apple will be home before you know it, and then your life will change forever. ;)

Oh please, please keep us updated on Apple. If you get pics from the breeder, please share them. And please share your progress with getting everything ready for your bundle of feathers. :D

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
Congrats on the new baby, I vote for lots of pics/vids, please. Oh, and welcome to the amazon section, LOL.

dskidd

Dec 6, 2012
Parrots
Eliza -- Black Headed Caique
Henry -- White-Bellied Caique
Well, first of all, congratulations are of course in order! Second of all, this is the first time I've seen the term "parront." Which I totally love, and am hereby shamelessly stealing and plan to use going forward!

Whoever came up with this word can contact my legal team of Eliza and Henry to work out royalty arrangements pertaining to my usage of said word. In order to secure the most favorable terms, I suggest bringing banana chips to the meeting...
;)

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Whoever came up with this word can contact my legal team of Eliza and Henry to work out royalty arrangements pertaining to my usage of said word. In order to secure the most favorable terms, I suggest bringing banana chips to the meeting...
;)

HAHAHAHAHAHAA!!! You have me in stitches over here!!! HILARIOUS!!!! :D

forbey

Apr 26, 2013
Media
Congrats on the announcement!

Will that be a BBB, BBF, BBA, FFF ... ?

(Bouncing Baby Bird, Bouncing Baby Fid, Bouncing Baby Amazon, Fine Feathered Fid (or Friend), etc,)

OP
shyness

shyness

Jul 10, 2012
Thank you guys for all the warm wishes.. this is the best choice i have ever made in m life... i am so giddy i dont know what to do... I have a couple of questions.. should i make them new topics or just post it on this post..

Wings

Jun 14, 2013
Ohio
Parrots
Budgie, "Julie"
@Dskidd....I am literally crying of laughter... it's only us crazy bird people who absolutely crack up at these jokes. :D Can't argue with banana chips... Shyness, Put them on this post btw. I almost forgot to congratulate you. Apple... so cute! I can't imagine how excited you are. Pictures are always welcome here. Is this your first bird? Nothing makes anyone more happy than getting a new pet. If this is your first bird, i warn you...birds are like "banana chips" (Haha see what i did there? :p...no one...*sigh*) you can never stop at just one! I wish a long luxurious life with you and your new fid. I can tell you are going to be a great bird owner

Last edited:

Blancaej

Apr 5, 2013
Middlebury, VT
Parrots
CAG Quincy - BD 3/27/00. Gotcha 6/00 ~ GW Macaw Savannah - BD 6/21/93. Gotcha 4/13 ~ B&G Macaw Coqui - BD 9/3/03. Gotcha 10/13 ~ Blue Crown Conure Sidney - BD Unknown Approx 5 Years Old. Gotcha 6/15/
I love the name Apple! Can't wait to see pics! :D

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
Congrats on baby Apple and also can't wait for pics:)

OP
shyness

shyness

Jul 10, 2012
Thank you guus for all the words of happyness lol... this is m ot my first bird I had an umbrella cockatoo for 22 years. . Got her when I was 6.. I didn't know anything about birds and no one in my family did.. I learned with her... she was a great pet.. had her through college marriage kids divorce... and then she passed away.. it hurt me.. it has been about 4 years and I decided I miss that companion. My new hubby said go for it and he has never had a parrot before so he is excited.. my kids missed chocho dearly so they are. Ecstatic. ... and so am I... my question was about sleep cages... should I get one because we have small home amd sometimes we are in the living room kinda late

Last edited:
OP
shyness

shyness

Jul 10, 2012
Ok sounds good.. that is good to know I will get a cage cover... I just ordered the cage waiting for it to come then I can set it all up

Most Reactions