PVC Playstand

BarkleyLoves

Jul 23, 2012
TX
Parrots
Barkley (4yo Eclectus)----
Pepper (7yo White-Capped Pionus)
I saw a really nice PVC playstand in the cages section. I think I could build one for my birds, however I do have a question. Should I glue the pieces together? Do I need to? ANd is there a bird safe glue? (I watch way too much HGTV and they usually use glue, but I'm a bit hestitant on that front).

Thanks!

paulhanlon

Banned
Banned
Jun 10, 2012
Media
Newton aycliffe Co.Durham
Parrots
Jinx - Blue Fronted Amazon hatched 12.06.2012
Never use glue as it could harm or kill your bird the PVC pipes and joint connectors will hold it together tight enough I don't think there is such a glue as parrot safe aswell

Last edited:
OP
B

BarkleyLoves

Jul 23, 2012
TX
Parrots
Barkley (4yo Eclectus)----
Pepper (7yo White-Capped Pionus)
Thanks. I had found a website that had instructions for making one but it said any glue would do, and I didn't think that was right. I'm glad I asked here. :) I don't think I'll be taking that website's toy making and playstand making with anything more than a grain of salt.

WharfRat

Jul 3, 2012
Central Tx
Parrots
2 Bolivian Green Wings-ReaRea & Miri,
2 Yellow Naped 'Zons- Shiloh & Halo,
Hahn's Macaw-Kalani
I honestly think the only dangers of it would be excess on the outside of it if they decided to chew on that specific area. The glue is a 2 part process; #1 being the "primer" which removes the glaze coating on the PVC so the glue will adhere. #2 is the glue itself :)

Now y'all think about this for a minute.......MANY homes use PVC for both drain AND supply in their construction.....IF it were that dangerous (after drying), we'd have a LOT of sick people/animals wouldn't we?!?!?

The true danger in PVC is if on fire, then some very harmful fumes will result.

Thus ends today's lesson in construction :D

thought I'd add, I've spent well over 20 years in residential construction/remodeling, I've even plumbed entire houses before. Just wanted y'all to know I wasn't just dreaming this stuff up. If it's considered safe enough to supply a house for water (as in drinking and cooking) I wouldn't worry about it.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts