Q: Breeders that ship? Your shipping experiences.

Pinkstiletto66

Sep 25, 2011
NYC
So I saw that some breeders ship to an airport, but now if you don't live near one, you have to then pay extra to get there, am I correct? For example one breeder charges $100 plus extra for the shipping crate. Does anyone know where I can find a breeder that actually ships to your home. I know there is no way for me to get to the airport. I'm better off waiting locally if that's the case.

QuackQuack

Oct 20, 2011
Midwest USA
Parrots
KITTY: Pineapple Green Cheek Conure (2 year old)
BODE: Nanday Conure (5 years old)
KIWI & BLUE: English Budgerigars (RIP after 10 years)
We had to go to the airport to get our guy. There was no door to door delivery back then - now I don't know.

Cisco

Oct 15, 2011
Parrots
M2's, U2's, G2's, RB2's, VOS, red sided, GW Macaws, Dusky Pionus, Green Quakers, Blue Quakers, CAG's, TAG's, BFA's, RLA's, DYH's, Tiels, Painted Conures, Harlequin Macaw, YNA
It is always airline shipping. The airlines have their own policies and require pick-up, I.D.'s and inspection of the cargo before leaving. this is done for insurance purposes.
No one is allowed to pick up your bird for you unless the person picking up the bird is the information given to the airport by the sender..
Well this is Continental and Delta.
The policy is always changing. Unless you have a local pet delivery in your area it is not done by the breeder. And 100 dollars isn't bad, it is a fair price. That is what we charge and we live over a hour away from our airport.

TurquoiseMel

Aug 10, 2011
NJ
Parrots
Green Cheek Conures
Turquoise: Loquito (Little crazy) aka Loqui.
Cinnamon: Lila
I had my bird shipped to the airport for me, not to my house. But when I was there I noticed that the office where I picked him up from was loading some pets onto a van they had. I didn't ask about it but maybe the airport has some sort of transportation to get the bird to your house. Try giving them a call & find out. Good luck!

osnyder

Sep 26, 2011
Philadelphia
Parrots
Stitch the Blue Crown Conure
I'd guess the van was going to a shop or aviary, but I don't know for sure. It does seem that aviaries or breeders ship birds via airplane to an airport, to be picked up by buyer, in my research.

Most Reactions