Quaker diet help..

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
Most people use Nutriberries as treats, but they were made to be a complete diet. Nutriberries have 10-30% pellets in them. Pelletberries have about 80%.

OP
C3mommy

C3mommy

Mar 14, 2018
Nampa, Idaho
Parrots
Quaker Parrot- Gamora
Where do I get the pelletberries? :green2:

Most people use Nutriberries as treats, but they were made to be a complete diet. Nutriberries have 10-30% pellets in them. Pelletberries have about 80%.

EllenD

Aug 20, 2016
State College, PA
Parrots
Senegal Parrot named "Kane"; Yellow-Sided Green Cheek Conure named "Bowie"; Blue Quaker Parrot named "Lita Ford"; Cockatiel named "Duff"; 8 American/English Budgie Hybrids; Ringneck Dove named "Dylan"
Where do I get the pelletberries? :green2:

Monica made a great point...Most people confuse "Nutriberries" with the actual "Pellets" or daily diets that are made/sold by LafeBer as well.

The "Nutriberries", which are sold in the plastic-wrapped packages, are treats. They contain a very high amount of sugar due to the fruit in them, they are sweet or flavored with other things birds love, like chili peppers, and as Monica said, they aren't a daily diet.

The "PelletBerries" are to be fed to birds just like a pellet or seed-mix is, as their regular, daily, staple-diet. The PelletBerries are sold in big, plastic tubs, and come in many different sizes/labeled for many different species of parrots, and are sold at every Petco that I've ever been in, as well as other pet shops and online. At Petco, if you go in the aisle where the rest of the bird pellets, seed-mixes, treats, etc. are, the Pelletberries "tubs" or "buckets" are usually all lined-up on the top shelf where the bags of pellets and seed-mixes are, you can't miss them...If you've ever seen the large, white, round tubs that ice cream sometimes comes in, the PelletBerries come in the exact same type of large, round, white tubs.

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
Nutriberries (one type)
https://www.mysafebirdstore.com/LAFEBER_S-Lafeber_s_Nutriberries_El_Paso_Parrot_3_lb.html

Pellet berries
https://www.mysafebirdstore.com/LAFEBER_S-Lafebers_Pellet_Berries_for_Parrots_12_5_oz_1.html

I adopted a bird from a women in Ohio. Her avian vet, "Dr O", helped Lafeber create Nutriberries to be a complete diet. That is my understanding.

Not a big fan of the sugar or a couple of other ingredients, but still better than plain seeds.

They can be purchased from several online vendors or from some stores, if they carry them.

Most Reactions