quee and jade

derno54

Sep 24, 2018
Hi,, my name is Debbie. I have rescued two conures. quee was 25 when I got him and now hitting 30 yrs old. jade was 3 when I got her. she will be 5 next month. yes we do birthdays here. they do not get a long when I am around but peaking in on them they chase each other. they both have their own cages. quee was not going to hear of jade coming on to his territory. ran out at 8:45 and bought a cage. lol I knew quee would have a short lift span with me but his family died and the kids did not want him. so.. I did. lol we moved to florida. and they seemed to adapt.. made it through Irma. I had their cages along with pups bought to a safe place. quee once in a while has a seizure. he is getting up there. I just take him in my arms and lay him on my chest.. after that he is fine. they both get fresh fruit, maintenance food and seed daily. toys galore. lol he likes sticking to his cage but it is always open. now jade.. she is my jealous one. my poor shih Tzu's run from her. she wants no one taking my attention from her. she is on me from the minute I am home till they go to bed. had a few furniture issues with her. anja.. but I work at lowes and lots of wood filler. lol I think the family could not take her great lungs and her need to be with a human. she had no toys but that was fixed quickly. as I type she is on my shoulder. lol oh.. hint hint.. always close you lap top or you will have no keys left.. all in all they are loved.. jade pecks at my shower door in the morning and yes she comes in.. unreal.. she even has her own towel perch now.. and she is a green bay fan. lol learning to say it. and she is on green bays post.. love reading all your posts and had to join since I am now in the world of conures.. have you all watched the wild parrots of telegraph hill... it is must..oh and my guys have fav songs I play for them nightly.. love to dance.. who needs an alarm clock any more.. mine goes off at 7:15 every morning.. lol they want their breakfast.. so many birds in rescue.. if your looking just type in bird rescues.. people get them and find out yes they are work.. and need attention. love to show them off.. der:rainbow1: IMG_20170218_110123.jpg jade and Greenbay.jpg this is jade.. a real fan.. lol

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
That is a very cute picture!
WELCOME!

Jen5200

Mar 27, 2017
Media
Albums
Washington State
Parrots
Baby - Sun Conure;
Tango - GCC;
Bindi - Sun Conure;
Stanley - Pineapple GCC;
Screamer “Scree� - Cockatiel;
Tee - Pineapple GCC; Jimmy - Cockatiel
Adorable - welcome! And it’s lovely to hear about your flock, I love hearing rescue stories :)

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Enjoyed every word of your intro, Debbie! Cute pic of Jade, those hats must be a fun little nest!

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
Welcome!

Your birds sound absolutely adorable, and you sound like a barrel of fun!
I'm so glad you found us.

Oh, and thank you for being a rescuer!

Most Reactions

Latest posts