Question for Eclectus experts :)

staceiz21

Nov 23, 2011
Hi
We are picking up our baby eclectus on Sunday but we have to go out for about 2 hours after so my question is do you think it would be too much to leave him alone for 2 hours to settle in (while its quiet) or we should wait until after we've been out then pick him up so we are home with him ?

Btw my name is Stacey and we (my family) are 2 adults and 2 kids :)

Thanks guys

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Letting your baby settling in for a couple of hours by itself isn't a bad thing. Just make sure you have food and water available within the cage before you leave so the baby can explore and eat if he wants to. When I brought my ekkies home, I left them alone in the cage by themselves and they went after their fruit and veggie bowl right away....

lene1949

Sep 26, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Parrots
Cory: Short billed Corella -
Echo: Galah -
Max: Alexandrine -
Skye: Yellow Sided conure -
Luka: Green Cheek Conure -
RIP Shrek: Quaker
Depending on the age of your baby, he should be left either in a cage or if very young in a box..

Hopefully your baby is fully weaned, fledged and eating a variety of foods... So leaving him won't be a problem.

kc_y0

Nov 17, 2011
Media
Sydney
Parrots
Eclectus Female - Audrey.
Art - Budgie.
Astro - Budgie.
Mini - Budgie, RIP gorgeous girl.
He will probably like the peace and quiet after the move which can be stressful for them. Just make sure he has food and water :)

mygirl

Banned
Banned
Oct 4, 2010
Parrots
Female Eclectus
just make sure the cage is safe normally if they are gunna get stuck or anything it will happen in the first couple of days, mylah got her toe nail stuck in the joining of her cage on the 2nd night we had her, we never even thought that could ever happen, so just make sure you have checked for any little holes and any toys that the bird can get hurt on :)

OP
S

staceiz21

Nov 23, 2011
Thanks guys for the advice. Everything has gone great. He even chirps whenever we leave the room now lol . He loves attention

Most Reactions

Latest posts