Question?

ginabean

Nov 19, 2012
baltimore hon!
Parrots
Lesaer Sulfur Crested Cockatoo
Hey guys! Y'all are so helpful I have another question. Baby does this thing with her foot and beak, almost like if you were blubbering your lips with your finger. She's does it quite often and was looking for some insight as to what it means? I've looked all over the interwebz but no such luck. Anybody got an idea? Thanks!

SirEdwin89

Mar 5, 2016
Virginia
Parrots
Confetti (9y/o CAG), Ely (5 y/o Citron SC2), Barney (3 y/o MSC2), Baby (21 y/o Senegal), Peaches (16 y/o M2)
Conan (26 y/o Harlequin Macaw)
Sounds similar to something both Ely and Barney do when they want to get pet. though that's more with their face/neck than their beak. have you noticed his talons in his nostrils at all? Could be cleaning his nose.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Very typical cockatoo behavior!! Seems to indicate they are content and doing a bit of grooming. I take it as a signal from them to get involved by gently stroking their head feathers! Oh yeah, the talon-in-beak thing! All the time!!

Most Reactions

Latest posts