Questions on Crested Budgies!

ArjunMaharaj1

Jun 28, 2018
I posted a topic like this few minutes but it got deleted and I got banned? Why?

I am thinking of buying a crested budgie but I have questions:

1. Why is crested budgies bit more expensive than normal budgies?

2. Is there any difference in crested budgies and normal budgies other than the head?

3. I have 2 from pet shop which I want to buy which one did you all like the color?

https://imgur.com/f7mx5Ni
https://imgur.com/OYdPmcz

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Lincoln (Eclectus), Apollo (Cockatiel), Aster (GCC)
Crested budgies are more expensive because of the crest feature, it's not common so it's priced up.

Color should be the lesser factor when adopting a bird, maybe ask the store if you can interact with the birds to see which you personally like more and which gets along with you best. Keep in mind not all birds like every human.

And future note; the general rule of thumb when you get banned from a site isn't to make a new account and keep posting. If you're not sure why you were banned then find a way to contact the mods or admins of the site and ask them directly.

OP
A

ArjunMaharaj1

Jun 28, 2018
Crested budgies are more expensive because of the crest feature, it's not common so it's priced up.

Color should be the lesser factor when adopting a bird, maybe ask the store if you can interact with the birds to see which you personally like more and which gets along with you best. Keep in mind not all birds like every human.

And future note; the general rule of thumb when you get banned from a site isn't to make a new account and keep posting. If you're not sure why you were banned then find a way to contact the mods or admins of the site and ask them directly.

Ok right so its kind of unique that is why they priced it up.

None are tame so they wont really let me do anything straight away.

I got banned for spamming? But all I did was post this.

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
There was a rare glitch in the system that pegged you as a spammer. I just came on and vetted both your current account and the prior one thoroughly and found that you do indeed check out. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused, and welcome you into our Parrot Forums family.

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
1. Why is crested budgies bit more expensive than normal budgies?

As mentioned, it's due to the crest. It's rarer.

2. Is there any difference in crested budgies and normal budgies other than the head?

Nope. Same as the difference between a black lab or a chocolate lab, an orange striped cat or a grey tabby cat... just different "colors".

3. I have 2 from pet shop which I want to buy which one did you all like the color?

I'm partial to violets and blues, but perhaps you'd prefer a bird with cloud like appearances, rainbow colors, or maybe something about the bird's personality sticks out to you?

Most Reactions

Latest posts