Quiet Parrots

leomacaw

Jul 13, 2010
Hong Kong
Parrots
2 Greys, 2 Yellow Sided Conures, 1 Jardine's & 1 Lovebird.
After all, I have a name list of quiet parrots:

1. Greys

2. Eclectuses

3. Senegals

4. Caiques

:p

Thingamagigs

Oct 13, 2012
Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Parrots
Mana the manic female galah; yet to be named male corella
Thats odd, because I found the eclectus I handreared to be noisy and make the most irritating noise I had ever experienced LOL

Dharmawaits

Oct 6, 2012
Parrots
The great Peapod a Parrotlet
Parrotlets are quiet....well they chirp a lot but it really is just chirping. Considered to be a great apartment bird. Mine never bothers me. But then I owned a Quacker......and actually our pionus was kind of loud. Nothing insane but he had his moments!

sarafigal

Aug 31, 2012
Media
Nashville, TN
Parrots
Queequeg (rescued BFA, 34)
Winston (rescued CAG, 25)
Cyrus (adopted GCC, 2)
Houdini, Peeper, and Little Blue--the Budgie Trio
My turquoise Green Cheek Conure is totally quiet. He hardly peeps. Every now and then I hear a little squawk if I leave a room and he is displeased, but that's about it. The budgies are far louder; and of course the Amazon wins the prize for volume.

MeganMango

Oct 13, 2012
Media
Guelph Ontario
Parrots
1 red bellied parrot (Mango), 3 cockatiels (Bugsie, Alfie, and Bananas)
Mango my red belly is too quiet. He talks a bit when we cuddle him, he makes kissing sounds and gives smooches but he is otherwise silent. If we put him on his cage and leave the room he peeps at us. It gets louder and louder the longer we are gone but he never screeches. He does yell at broccoli, but its not loud. I have heard some serious screams and was expecting a LOT more noise when we got him. That said, if we are home he is pretty much always with us unless we are doing something that we dont think is safe for him.

ceiji

Sep 20, 2012
Ann Arbor, MI
Parrots
CAG, Amboina King
Princess of Wales parrot, Regent Parrot and the Barraband parrots are quiet too. So is King parrot (Amboina King, Australian King).

Most Reactions

Latest posts