Quigley scared me!!

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
Oh man, yesterday was pretty emotional for me- after the recent sudden death of Jackie, I don't think I can handle another death right now. Yesterday, Quigley (our budgie), must've not felt well or something- I was worried sick!!!! I'm not quite sure what the issue was- normally she's hopping around, vocal, flying, etc...normal budgie stuff ;) but yesterday she just sat there. all day. sometimes on a perch, other times IN her food dish (not normal at all) and slept most of the day not wanting anything to do with anyone. And then this morning when I uncovered her cage she popped up! like nothing ever happened and is back to her usual self! What the heck?!? I mean- thank the lord she's back to herself but seriously- what the heck?!

Jackie's death was most likely a heart attack or stroke and was healthy otherwise, and chili was cleared by the vet so nothing was transmitted or anything so I'm not quite sure what Quigley's issue was :/ I've been keeping a close eye on her and observing and today she seems completely normal. o_O

Blancaej

Apr 5, 2013
Middlebury, VT
Parrots
CAG Quincy - BD 3/27/00. Gotcha 6/00 ~ GW Macaw Savannah - BD 6/21/93. Gotcha 4/13 ~ B&G Macaw Coqui - BD 9/3/03. Gotcha 10/13 ~ Blue Crown Conure Sidney - BD Unknown Approx 5 Years Old. Gotcha 6/15/
Could she be missing Jackie?? When did Jackie pass? Sorry for your loss. :(

Glad Quigley appears to being doing better today.

OP
getwozzy

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
It's almost been a month since Jackie passed away. I could tell at first she knew he was gone because she wasn't as cheery and was always looking for him. But once chili got here she was happy again! And then the other morning she didn't look so good- spent all day puffed up and sleepy. Completely off from her normal self. But today she seems to be feeling and looking better.

Blancaej

Apr 5, 2013
Middlebury, VT
Parrots
CAG Quincy - BD 3/27/00. Gotcha 6/00 ~ GW Macaw Savannah - BD 6/21/93. Gotcha 4/13 ~ B&G Macaw Coqui - BD 9/3/03. Gotcha 10/13 ~ Blue Crown Conure Sidney - BD Unknown Approx 5 Years Old. Gotcha 6/15/
Maybe she just had an off day. I'm sure you are keeping a close eye on her. I hope she continues to act like her normal self!

OP
getwozzy

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
Oh I'm watching her like a hawk! I told my husband yesterday when I was positive I knew she didn't feel good. So we've both been watching her. I'm hoping she continues to improve!! And chili's totally fine so far.

OP
getwozzy

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
So yesterday she was starting to chirp and be a little vocal, but still not as much as usual. This morning she looks completely back to normal with all of her pep!

Most Reactions

Latest posts