Rabbit Bird!

Helitorian

Dec 15, 2011
Nebraska
Parrots
RIP Constantine: Jenday Conure
I noticed last night, that Con is now hopping. My reactions when she hopped over to me was "ohmygodyou'resofrickingcutemysweetlittlecuddlebug!" She's really changed recently what with the hopping and surfing and just general cuteness. She also really likes when I cup my hand and she can rub her head and face all over my palm while making the cutest chirping noises. I just wish she was bigger so I could give her a hug lol

So what cute stuff does your conure do?

Remy

Jul 13, 2011
California
Parrots
Darcy (Golden-Collared Macaw), Puck (Caique - RIP)
Puck hops too!

Last week he was in demon mode and bit me pretty good. I got him off my hand and onto the floor, and he started hopping around and barking. He had 3 of us all laughing at him, which I'm sure he loved. Even though my finger hurt, it was pretty hilarious.

Amber

Jun 1, 2011
Rabbit bird! :D

Alex runs up my shirt and sneaks INTO it through the collar. He'll wedge himself happily in there for HOURS. I think this is because when he was a chick, while old enough to be out of the hotbox our old place was very cold, so I'd put him in my coat to keep him warm around the house. No coats inside now (new place, and it's currently summer!) So he's decided my shirts/dresses/whatever will do the trick to sleep in instead! He'll cruise around with just his head sticking out, it is hilarious!

So many other cute things, like his little dances and flipping onto his back and all that too! Currently, since he finished moulting recently, he's taken to sitting on my shoulder while I'm at the laptop. I type with one hand and scratch his new feathers (getting that wax stuff off, makes him itchy!) with the other. He falls asleep! :)

Last edited:

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
Rowdy hops sometimes, too.

And hey, there is an advantage to having a conure snuggle into your shirt compared to say, an amazon. When Pete tries it, it's like having a third boob!

OP
Helitorian

Helitorian

Dec 15, 2011
Nebraska
Parrots
Con is a weird little Conure. She doesn't like being under my shirt though she likes my jacket and she doesn't like being on her back though she doesn't mind hanging from my finger with one foot. Such a little oddball :) Also, she lost a butt feather today! Her molt seems to be hitting with a vengeance and she practically turned into a feather bomb and exploded all over my room.

Remy

Jul 13, 2011
California
Parrots
Darcy (Golden-Collared Macaw), Puck (Caique - RIP)
I put Puck under my clothes when I take him placed that don't allow pets. He's usually pretty good about it, but sometimes he pops out. Sometimes, when I try to push him back in, he'll let out an angry yell and, I'll see heads turn but nobody knows what the noise is. Other times, he'll just hang out and not fidget too much. I think it sort of depends on the time of day and the weather, which behavior he does.

Hehe, Puck has been losing butt feathers today too. XD

OP
Helitorian

Helitorian

Dec 15, 2011
Nebraska
Parrots
Con is very good about being under my jacket when I'm out with her. She'll sit quietly and only come out if I lift it up to peek at her. I've only taken her to pet stores though. I want her to be harness trained before we go someplace else just in case.

I wish she was losing flight feathers instead but those were the first to go and that was when she was at the store. Then they clipped her for flying onto a little boy :eek: Now I have to wait for her next molt to do flight training :(

Amber

Jun 1, 2011

And hey, there is an advantage to having a conure snuggle into your shirt compared to say, an amazon. When Pete tries it, it's like having a third boob!

I could imagine! I'll stick to my little buddy, at least he doesn't take up much room! :p

Though, he has taken to, errrr, wedging himself between peoples boobs. He will jump down a new persons top and just do it. It can be awkward! :rolleyes:

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011

I could imagine! I'll stick to my little buddy, at least he doesn't take up much room! :p

Though, he has taken to, errrr, wedging himself between peoples boobs. He will jump down a new persons top and just do it. It can be awkward! :rolleyes:

He's a boy, right?:D

Amber

Jun 1, 2011

He's a boy, right?:D
He's a real ladies man, thats for sure! :D As embarrassing as it can be.

Sylver

Nov 3, 2011
Perth, Australia
Parrots
Sun Conure named Halo.
Halo has a cat's toy, one of those little plastic balls with the bell in the middle. He dragged it to the edge of the cage one day and dropped it and it broke into two pieces, cleanly.

These days he picks up one half of the ball in his beak and carries it around with it curved over his head like a fencing mask while running around like a lunatic.

Most Reactions

Latest posts