Rainbow of budgies

leomacaw

Jul 13, 2010
Hong Kong
Parrots
2 Greys, 2 Yellow Sided Conures, 1 Jardine's & 1 Lovebird.
526300_10151212977839130_1972822884_n.jpg

BirdSquawk

Aug 21, 2012
Parrots
Jack- 5 year old pacific parrotlet
amazing they all stood still for that picture, seeing as budgies are such busy bodys! I noticed you siad you have a pacific parrotlet, would you recommend them for beginners?

Birdlover11

Aug 23, 2012
Long island
Parrots
Pepsi and sprite, both are American male budgies
agree ! my budgies never stay still for a picture, that will be a problem when i take a pic of them for their birthday. your budgies are SO cute ! i just want to steal them ! sooo, where do you live ? :54:

sonja

Jul 31, 2012
Pretty picture! The best photos I can get of mine are them flapping hysterically, all blurry, trying to get away from the camera!

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Awwwww...they're so cute!!! IF the budgies are handfed tamed, it's actually not hard to get them to stay on the T-perch to take a picture. I used to raise them years ago. It brings back memories....

ct92404

Oct 14, 2012
California
Parrots
My first bird was a parakeet named Buddy (passed away November 8, 2012). My newest friend is a parakeet named Chipper.
Cute birdies! That's a great picture of them!

I don't have any problems with taking pictures of Chipper, and I didn't with Buddy either. The only problem is that I've just been using my cell phone camera to take pictures. I'm afraid of using a flash because I'm worried it would just freak Chipper out, so I haven't used a "real" camera to get pictures of him. And of course, there isn't enough light indoors so when I do get pictures of him, the quality isn't that great.

I have some awesome 35mm cameras (yes, I still use film, and in fact I can get better pictures with film than digital), and I really want to get some good pictures of Chipper. But I'm afraid that the flash or the sound of the shutter would scare him.

How do you guys get pictures of your birds? Do they get scared of cameras (either film or digital)? Do they get scared of a flash?

OP
leomacaw

leomacaw

Jul 13, 2010
Hong Kong
Parrots
amazing they all stood still for that picture, seeing as budgies are such busy bodys! I noticed you siad you have a pacific parrotlet, would you recommend them for beginners?

yes, pacific is very tame and quiet little birdie. they suit beginners very much.

OP
leomacaw

leomacaw

Jul 13, 2010
Hong Kong
Parrots
agree ! my budgies never stay still for a picture, that will be a problem when i take a pic of them for their birthday. your budgies are SO cute ! i just want to steal them ! sooo, where do you live ? :54:

i live in hong kong. ;)

OP
leomacaw

leomacaw

Jul 13, 2010
Hong Kong
Parrots
Cute birdies! That's a great picture of them!

I don't have any problems with taking pictures of Chipper, and I didn't with Buddy either. The only problem is that I've just been using my cell phone camera to take pictures. I'm afraid of using a flash because I'm worried it would just freak Chipper out, so I haven't used a "real" camera to get pictures of him. And of course, there isn't enough light indoors so when I do get pictures of him, the quality isn't that great.

I have some awesome 35mm cameras (yes, I still use film, and in fact I can get better pictures with film than digital), and I really want to get some good pictures of Chipper. But I'm afraid that the flash or the sound of the shutter would scare him.

How do you guys get pictures of your birds? Do they get scared of cameras (either film or digital)? Do they get scared of a flash?

i just used my iphone5 to take the photos, and used photo-impact to edit the colour and light stuff.

before i could get them all for the pos, they actually had been flying here and there for ten minutes... lol...

Most Reactions