Rare budgie- and rare cross breed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doublete

Mar 15, 2015
Maryland
Parrots
"Loki" turquoise GCC 1/4/15 hatch date-- "Chiqui" amazon 9/2010 hatch date---- "Banner" green parrotlet hatchdate 11/22/16

RIP "pineapple" lovebird
Anxious to hear how it went!

OP
Hawk

Hawk

Banned
Banned
Dec 5, 2014
Media
Albums
Michigan, USA
Parrots
5 Parrots, 8 year old Blue-fronted Amazon, 2 1/2 yr. old African Grey, 2 3/4 year old Senegal. 5 month old ekkie, 5 month old Albino parakeet. Major Mitchell Cockatoo, passed away at age 68.
Hi everyone....

Well Picked up our new baby. An Albino Budgie, one sweet laid back bird. For 5 months old, this little thing knows step up...gives kisses, cuddle on my wife's shoulder. I'll have photo's soon on her as it was nearly 6 pm when we got home, And the little thing went Night night rather early.

Now for the cross breed,

When we went to pick up our new baby, we were to meet the vet/ owner
and his wife, and a couple other senior staff members whom do the paper work, and see the bird off....at 4 pm..we were a half hour early.

No one was there except this new staff member that didn't have a grip
on how things are run and was by herself. I found that a bit odd.

When I looked around for the cross breed it was no where to be found.
I asked the new member if that cross breed got sold, because I had expressed interest in it when The owner/ vet was ready to release it for sale.

She had a look thru the files and nothing was there about it being sold.
So I was standing there going .." Huh...where'd it go?" The new member had no clue. I don't know if the vet took it home, which he sometimes does with birds. But still was strange as he and his wife were to be there, and 2 of the other senior staff. Few other people came in wondering where the bird went as well.

Right now gang, I'm just as frustrated as you are. Despite the fact it was a cross breed had nothing to do with me wanting the bird. It was the unique and truly awesome disposition and attitude of this bird. Was really nice natured.

So don't worry, I'll get to the bottom of it. Knowing Mark, the owner and Vet, he would have taken it to Michigan State University to have it tested and confirmed of what it actually is. Maybe he took it home to let the attention die down a bit. It's not sold....He's very picky where and who gets his birds, he has refused to sell to people, an kicked some out of his store.
One guy bought a Macaw and left it in a hot car., in this heat....While he was in a bar..it died from over heating. Mark found out and wouldn't let him back into his store. I don't blame him.

I've also have my eyes on this beautiful natured male Ekkie...God he's so well natured. Playful, kissy poo type, and 6 months old. Just a sweety.
I'm on my knees begging my wife....lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions

Latest posts