Re: Hello, new Amazon owner from UK

Jasper

Jun 23, 2012
Cheshire uk
Parrots
Yellow crowned amazon

Hi everyone I'm John from Cheshire in england uk just joined the forum I bought a yellow crowned amazon 1 year ago she was a 12 week old baby hand reared she's great very entertaining however if anyone comes to my house she is quiet as a mouse ! I'm sure people think I'm a liar :)! As I tell them she says hello sings along to music and is extremely vocal at certain times in the day :) if any of you experienced parrot owners cn give me any tips with yellow crowns I'd be very grateful its my first parrot I have ever owned so I'm novice :) learning all the time I have noticed she used to go in her cage after play times no problem however now she does not like to return to her cage ! Any tips ???

wenz2712

Banned
Banned
Nov 16, 2011
Media
Re: Hello, new Amazon owner from Florida

Hello John and welcome to the Forum :)

Congrats on your new addition! I also have a Yellow Crown :)

I am happy to give you any advise you might need! Have you tried putting a treat in the Cage to tempt him back?

solobaby

Jul 14, 2011
Parrots
Solo(indian ringneck)-Marley(green cheek conure)- Dobby (cockatiel)

welcome to the forum

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub

Hey john, welcome to the forum.Lots of new zon owners lately.Check out the amazon section and post your questions there.I'm sure we can help.Hope to see you around. Did anyone mention we love pics and vids? When posting a new thread give us lots of background, once again welcome.Richard

OP
J

Jasper

Jun 23, 2012
Cheshire uk
Parrots
Yellow crowned amazon

Thanks everybody that's a nice welcome I'll have a look on the amazon section too yes I have tried putting treats inside her cage :) it all depends what mood she's in lol I was contemplating getting her a friend ??? What do you think about an African grey ??? Obviously not in same cage ?

wenz2712

Banned
Banned
Nov 16, 2011
Media

I personally would not get another one to keep Codie company , as I know that she would not tolerate another Bird in the House! It really depends, I think on your individual Bird.

Most Reactions