Reggie Said "Hello"

Skybird

May 2, 2015
NE Ohio
Parrots
Skylar -- CAG 10 yrs old
Reggie -- Amazon Blue Front 15 yrs old
Have to share that Reggie when I came home from work said "Hello" to me. That is the first word he has said since we got him on Saturday. I was so happy to hear it. He is doing well, seems to be adjusting just fine and loving all the attention he is getting. Taking crackers from me and eating his food. The lady we got him from said "he doesn't like toys". I don't think he ever had any to play with. So we put a toy on the outside of his cage on Sunday and then last night we put them inside the cage....he hasn't played with them that I can tell, but he did reach over and touch them tonight when I was sitting talking with him. I think all will be ok with time. I just wanted to update on him. If anyone has any suggestions on anything let me know....open to it all. Thanks :)
Jody:
green:

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Sounds like Reggie is settling in nicely:) I think many times, they will "hide" their real personality from a person they don't like, then when they are adopted or rehomed to a family they fit in well with, they really open up! I bet he will be playing with toys, verbalizing and being the hilarious, boisterous, naughty amazon he is in no time:D

OP
S

Skybird

May 2, 2015
NE Ohio
Parrots
Skylar -- CAG 10 yrs old
Reggie -- Amazon Blue Front 15 yrs old
Hi Kiwibird.....thanks. I really see a change in 3 days since we got him....is that possible?I truly believe he will be a sweet boy. Oh boy....naughty amazon...lol. Just like the naughty CAG that we have! Your bird is beautiful!! I uploaded a pic tonight in the photo's of Reggie, but I think I posted it twice and not sure how to take the one off. I am learning . Thanks

Most Reactions