regurgitation & bonding - how much is too much?

jtm_mama

Dec 28, 2013
Parrots
CAG named Monkey
2 cockatiels named Jack & Taylor
Hi everyone! I'm the proud mama of a CAG named Monkey who has been living with my fiance and I for a little over a month now.

He enjoys playing with us and hanging out with us around the house, but won't let us touch him just yet (except to step up and be put back on his cage). Recently, every morning when I feed him he tries to sneak out of his cage and whenever he is successful, starts whimpering with his wings out. I come over and pick him up and he regurgitates on me. I know that this is a sign of affection and I feel very honored, but I worry he's doing it too much. It's happening at least once a day, sometimes twice, for almost a week now. Once he started wagging his tail also. I'm not really sure what I should be doing. Ignore the behavior? Praise him for it? How much is too much? He's surprisingly very tolerant of my fiance and seems to like us both, but I worry I've been chosen as his "mate". What should I do, if anything?

Thanks! :grey:

lotosha

Jun 29, 2012
Parrots
A pair of cockatiels
And pair of African Greys
He sure loves you:) Have no idea about that, hope other folks will be able to help:)

Most Reactions

Latest posts