(rescue advice?)-Possible new addition

amjokai

Apr 19, 2014
Wahiawa, Oahu, Hawaii
Parrots
Eclectus, Blue and Gold Macaw, Cockatiels, Ringnecks, Green Cheek Conure
There is a CAG available for rescue here, and I let the rescuers know that I am interested in adopting.... I don't know much about the individual birds, they're are two, the people are in the process of deciding if they need to be rehomed together or apart... I am not part of that decision.... but that is not the issue, lol...
They were a mostly tame at the first home (the lady got very sick and after months of them being in a foster home, she finally surrendered them to the foster) they were very bonded to the owner) They were pretty tame at the foster home, I even held them and interacted with one there) They were rehomed to a lady...... 3 weeks ago and she is returning them due to them being very very agressive there..... (I think they just need time to adjust and bond but i am not an expert)

My question is that if i get chosen for one (or two) What would be my beginning steps to make sure they (or 1) are introduced to our household correctly and taming them/ earning their trust.... I am prepared to let them move at their pace and not handle them until they are ready, I know it could take months/years..... Ive never rehabilitated a bird before.. both of my birds were hand tame before i got them.

I'm just starting my research for in case i am chosen....

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
I'm sorry you weren't chosen, I hope the two birds found fantastic homes.

Most Reactions