Rescued!!

Pierre

Aug 7, 2016
My name is Pierre the Cockatiel.
For 15 years...My cage was always 3/4 covered in a dark corner, on a end table, eye level with my friends(3 pit bulls & 2 cats) When I first saw HER, THEY were spraying bleach in the bottom of my cage to clean it up fast. SHE grabbed me and RAN. I landed in the Hospital. DOC said I have cataracts, a dislocated toe, upper respiratory infection& malnourished.
6 months later...
I am Feeling so much Better! And now letting HER rub my head! I am not trying to draw blood anymore & really am enjoying cool mornings on the back Lanai, surrounded by plants and flowers. SHE gives me TreaTS & Toys? and leaves my cage open so I can fly if I want. :yellow1:, :41:

snowflake311

Jun 7, 2016
Tahoe
Parrots
Sprinkels, Black capped Conure/
Olaf, male, Budgie/
Sweetpea, female, Budgie/
RIP Kiwi, female, Senegal
Lets see that little birds face.

What a sweet story.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Awww, welcome Pierre and his Mama!
I am so incredibly happy that Pierre was removed form that horrible situation and is now safe, happy and loved. His story brought tears to my eyes.

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
OMG bleach to clean a cage !! With the bird INSIDE the cage !!
All they need to complete that picture was a little bug spray on the bottom of the cage.

glad you were able to rescue the little guy.
texsize

Tropical

Oct 13, 2015
Palm Beach
Parrots
Two Cockatiels: Rascal (Geraldine) and his baby brother named Coconut!
You are a true hero. Great job, super happy you rescued her from living hell. I would LOVE to see pics of her now!! :D

Most Reactions