Abnormal poops

Ximichi

Jul 31, 2015
New York
Parrots
Parakeet: Pineapple
Cockatiels: Smokey, Cinder
Hey, I recently noticed my cockatiel was having strange poops. Some of them Are completely watery just clear, others like the picture attached. There is sometimes a seed inside the poops and they look more watery than normal. Can anybody help? IMG_3163.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
If there is undigested seed in the poop, I would take him to an avian vet and have him checked out. That can indicate digestive problems or parasites. Better safe than sorry.

Printer bird

Jan 4, 2011
Calgary, AB
Parrots
Dipper, 8 year old WC Pionus
RIP Charlie, Green Cheek Conure,
Lelu, parrotlet and
Poe the budgie.
Sometimes my parrot's poop can be really watery after she's had a bath or chowed down on some veggies (and it goes back to normal in another poop or two) but undigested seed is a sign that she should go right to the vet. If the poop is clear for no reason that is also a sign that she should go to the vet. Hope she is OK - please let us know what the vet says.

BIRDIGIRL

Jan 25, 2016
Mayo Ireland
Parrots
Rodney Blue Fronted Amazon
RIP Mr Biggles White Fronted Amazon , Elsa and Little Nellow the Lutino Budgies, Lady Primrose a Pied Budgie and English Budgies Houdini Popeye and Olive
I also feel it would be best for you to bring her to the vet with a sample of the poop if possible and also document how often it happens and the time it happens as in is it sfter eating veggies etc but if you have not changed her diet and these poops are something new I would also tell your vet this. I hope all will be well and that the watery poop clears up soon but with seed in the poop I wouldnt linger about I would make a Vet appointment ASAP. The sooner she sees the vet the sooner she can be treated and get well. Hope she gets better soon

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Any of the above reasons are good reason to see a vet. Hopefully it is nothing more than a response to eating fruits and vegetables!

trishachand1982

Aug 7, 2016
Be on the safe side take her to the vet. My Quaker dropping is red/orange when he eats sweet red bell peppers

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
I definitely concur with the suggestions you've received. With undigested food matter, you want to get your bird to an avian vet asap.

Most Reactions

Latest posts