Responding to posters wanting information about bird adoption..............

OP
mtdoramike

mtdoramike

Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2011
Media
Mt. Dora Fl./central Fl.
Parrots
11 month old Senegal Parrot - 3 year old SI Eclectus
There is a BIG difference between being blunt and degrating someone for the way that they feel.
Most everyone observes that line and does not cross it, there are a few however who do not care what they say.
All I can say is that if someone takes offense to the advice you give them and you think your advice was honest and to the point, that is all you can do. however, if you include things or phrases in your post that can reach out to someone on a personal level like making fun of them or talking down to them maybe you should think about rephrasing your advice or just not giving it all together.
I have seen some posts that are questionable. the bird owner is obviously under some stress if they are having a problem telling them to "go cry to someone else about it" or making waaaa wa waaaa noises is not going to come across as nice or helpful for that matter.
No one has ever been ugly or negative to me, but I have readd things that should not have been said.
Of course we are all entitled to our own opinions.....

I could not agree more. In most cases, it's not what you say or type, but it's the way you say it or type it. (I would like to think I fall into this catagory:) But then there are those posts that are borderline personal attacks that really should be reconsidered before typing them.

Most Reactions

Latest posts