Ringneck foot photo wanted

Girl4Jesus83

Jan 14, 2014
Broomfield, CO
Parrots
Lutino Tiel - Jake
Yellow Nape Amazon - Shoku - greatly missed!
Hi everyone! I have a friend who wants to honor her deceased ringneck, Kiwi, by getting his foot prints tatooed on her shoulder. However, she does not have an image of his foorprint to do so. I was hoping to help her out by asking if anyone can send me a picture of the bottom of one of your birdie baby feet or a possible print?

Thank you so much!

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
I would actually just google parrot foot prints, and you'll find some non-copyrighted pics there. IRN's and all parrots looks similar, with the only real difference in the footprint being that smaller birds have thinner toes, the larger the bird generally the thicker the toes are. If you google it, you'll also find children's art where they use their (human) footprint and paint a bird, with the heel being the head, pretty clever.

If it were me, I'd feel funny about having an exact copy of "someone else's" bird's feet LOL. I guess if your friend doesn't mind, it's fine if someone wants to share. After all, they're all pretty similar.
I have a coaster set where you can insert photos into them. On one, I have an Amazon I had rehomed, and I loved her, but now I know she is mutually loved by her owner and I look at the coaster and say this is strange, I essentially have someone else's bird on my coaster here! I keep thinking to change it, but it's a nice pic ;).

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
Fly free Plum, my gorgeous boy.
I would actually just google parrot foot prints, and you'll find some non-copyrighted pics there. IRN's and all parrots looks similar, with the only real difference in the footprint being that smaller birds have thinner toes, the larger the bird generally the thicker the toes are. If you google it, you'll also find children's art where they use their (human) footprint and paint a bird, with the heel being the head, pretty clever.

If it were me, I'd feel funny about having an exact copy of "someone else's" bird's feet LOL. I guess if your friend doesn't mind, it's fine if someone wants to share. After all, they're all pretty similar.
I have a coaster set where you can insert photos into them. On one, I have an Amazon I had rehomed, and I loved her, but now I know she is mutually loved by her owner and I look at the coaster and say this is strange, I essentially have someone else's bird on my coaster here! I keep thinking to change it, but it's a nice pic ;).

Julie, we all collect, keep and treasure memories and that is effectively what you have done by your coasters and absolutely no harm in that. You loved the Amazon, she was part of your life, became part of your memories and quite possibly hers too. Go ahead enjoy your photo and the nice memories that are associated with it, guilt free. :)

itchyfeet

Nov 1, 2014
Middle Earth
Parrots
Ethyl the cockatiel, Henry & Clarke the IRN's, and Skittles the lovebird (my daughters)
There are a few ringnecks on the forum...but honestly it'll be blood sweat and tears in our house if I attempted a photo like that!

Most Reactions

Latest posts