RIP Jax

Mariar

May 9, 2014
Clearwater Florida but grew up in Wisconsin
Parrots
Doolie,Yellow nape amazon(r.i.p.03/10/15)
Sissy,severe macaw(rescued on 03-16-15) chirpy,sparrow(beak less) jack,Jill,chase,fiona,finch, and tiger,sulfer crested(rescued 04/15/20
Awww I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.jax was beautiful!! Your not alone. It was an accident!!!! Sending you a big hug and lots of love.

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Yall have been more helpful and understanding than most of my family and friends. I'm still baffled by it. I reenacted it today. I sat in my room and sure enough Kyleigh flew through the hall way and the turned into my room. I didn't her flight skills were so sharp, shes gotta tuck in hee wings through the hall way.

I'm just killing myself here.

NOTHING GOOD CAN COME FROM OCDing OVER THIS, DWELLING ON IT, OR BEATING YOURSELF UP OVER IT. IT HAPPENED. IT WAS AN ACCIDENT. YOUR BIRD DIED.

PAPAYA FLEW INTO THE PATH OF AN ONCOMING CAR. I SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN FREEFLYING HIM SO CLOSE TO A PARKING LOT... AND HE DIED.

CASPER - THE CURE I CAME UP WITH WAS WORSE THAN THE DISEASE... AND HE DIED.

DEMITRE - EATEN BY AN OWL. HE WAS OUTSIDE FULLY FLIGHTED. AND HE DIED.

I COULD GO ON. IT HURTS WHEN IT HAPPENS, BUT BIRDS, ESPECIALLY LITTLE BIRDS ARE FRAGILE THINGS... MACAWS HAVE AN INNATE NEED TO BE IN THE MIDDLE OF EVERYTHING... SOMETIMES IT JUST HAPPENS...

IT'S TIME TO LET IT GO.

ENJOY THE ONES YOU STILL HAVE, AND STOP BEATING YOURSELF UP OVER THINGS YOU CAN'T CHANGE... NO GOOD COMES FROM THAT.

OP
StephenAndKyleigh

StephenAndKyleigh

Jul 29, 2015
Dallas, TX
Parrots
Kyleigh, B&G Macaw -
Peanut, Yellow Collar Mini Macaw -
Aaliyah, Green Wing Macaw
Truth and much needed Mark. Thank you.

Dec 14, 2014
Parrots
R.I.P Kiwiberry, GCC.
Oh no, I'm so sorry for your loss! Please don't blame yourself though, accidents do happen.
Kiwiberry, my green-cheek, fell asleep with me in bed and sometime during the night I guess the blanket had come over her and I woke up in the middle of the night to find her under the blanket, cold and stiff.
We'd made it a habit that she'd fall asleep in bed with me then I'd bring her back to the cage for sleepy time, but sometimes I'd fall asleep with her in bed, no incidents. I was working on breaking the habit, she was just very cuddly and I loved cuddling with her before bed. Too late now.
So please don't blame yourself.

NOTHING GOOD CAN COME FROM OCDing OVER THIS, DWELLING ON IT

Mark, please don't use OCD loosely like that.

Last edited:

Most Reactions