RIP to all THREE! Of my babies))),:

DannyA93

Jan 22, 2012
Las Cruces, NM
Parrots
Pineapple Turquoise Greencheek Conure-Ivy❤️, Male Cockatiel-Lusa (aka Bub =D)
Hello I haven't been on for quite a while. But we had an incident which resulted in the loss of all my beautiful feathered babies)),: it was a few weeks after kyros hatch day too): I had went to college and had my mother watching them for about a month til I got my apartment settled. Apparently they just randomly died according to her. Which doesn't make sense because they all died within hours of each other. And they were quite healthy considering they just had their vet check ups and tests done.

My little 8 year old sister slipped up which leads me to believe that something had happened to cause this. She mentioned something about "all the smoke and kyro died" and my mom quickly tried covering that up. I will NEVER let her watch any of my pets again. I warned her about all the common ways that she could harm them and she never took me seriously and I always warned her that of she did something to kill my babies I would be very VERY upset with her but she always blew me off. It even went as far as me specifically telling her that if she did something that would hurt them I would never forgive her. I think that's why she's hiding the truth///,: I'm finally a bit more comfortable to talk about them now/:you guys have any thoughts on this?😞😞😞😞😞:orange::whiteblue::greenyellow:

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
I am SO sorry to hear you have lost your whole flock:( That must have been a real devastating thing to have happen, especially when you trusted them in the care of family. I don't think some people understand just how very fragile birds are. At least all 3 of your babies are flying free now.

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
I am so very sorry for your tremendous loss! :( I can't even imagine!!!

Many hugs to you!!!

Unless someone comes clean about what happened on that day, you may never know the cause of this true tragedy. :(

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
I'm so sorry to hear about such a tragedy!! :(

Even though it won't bring your babies back or make it any less painful, can you ask your little sister what happened and tell her you promise you won't tell mom? At least you'll know what happened. It's unfortunate your mom is hiding the truth. IMO she should have been more careful after hearing you express your concerns over them and how you feel about them. Unfortunately we don't always 'listen' to family members the same way we'd listen to others.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I am so sorry for your terrible loss. I hope you are able to find out exactly what happened to them. My heart goes out to you:(

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
I'm very sorry about your loss....some people don't take things seriously when told until something does happen and they try to backtrack to make themselves feel better....hope you will get some peace after going through this cause it's very sad to go through.

coolit

Dec 20, 2013
I am very sorry for your loss and I am sure it is very difficult.

I am surprised I am the first one to say it but don't be too hard on your family.

Granted I know nothing about you nor your family but 99% of the time, there is no one that loves you more then your own (Specially the love a mother has towards her children!). Also, the pain one would feel knowing what has been done must be a huge punishment, specially if this was an accident. Keep that in mind and unless you know that they are terrible people who had bad intentions, don't turn your back on family as they love you and would only wish for your forgiveness.

Just my opinion.

I wish you all the best. Life goes on and great hearts are meant for great things so only look forward.

veimar

Feb 5, 2014
Chicago, IL
Parrots
gcc Parry; lovebird Coco; 3 budgies (Tesla, Franky and Cesar); cockatiel Murzik, red rump parakeet girl Onyx
Oh I'm so sorry for your loss… Although I understand that you are mad at your mom now, I really think you could try to talk to her nicely and ask to explain what happened. She is still your Mother, and I'm sure she loves you, just doesn't care about your pets too much. I have a great relationship with my mom, but I cannot imagine leaving my pets or plants with her since she is just totally not capable of having pets or house plants.

lilypinku

Apr 8, 2013
Australia
Parrots
Ollie, GCC
I am so very sorry for your loss. Not everybody appreciates how careful we have to be with our feathered friends. Hopefully you are able to find out exactly what happened so you can have some degree of closure from this awful incident. You are in my thoughts - sending hugs your way.

MomtoPercy

Nov 15, 2013
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Percy, a 5yo BFA & Jack, a 8yo Budgie
I am so very sorry to read this happened! To loose ONE is terrible beyond words so I can't imagine your pain :( (Hugs!)

Betrisher

Jun 3, 2013
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Parrots
Dominic: Galah(RIP: 1981-2018); The Lovies: Four Blue Masked Lovebirds; Barney and Madge (The Beaks): Alexandrines; Miss Rosetta Stone: Little Corella
I'm sorry this awful tragedy happened to your poor little birds! Surely no one did anything malicious, though? Perhaps it was an accident through ignorance? Whatever happened, please know we're all thinking of you and sending warmest thoughts your way.

Sheryl

Apr 1, 2014
Seabrook, Texas
Parrots
Beeper CAG, Maui Lu B&G, Mi Hijo GW
and Bergie my little BFA in Rainbow Bridge
My deepest sympathy. How terribly heartbreaking. It reminded me that when I was 16 my parents entrusted me with the care of their canary while they went on vacation. I loved the canary too, but I forgot to give it water. Precious little thing died and I lied to my folks and said I didn't know what happened. I don't know why humans try to cover up -- maybe they think they can make it go away. Living with the lie is anguish, too. I think you can make your mother come clean by appealing to her sense of obligation for the grief she has caused and that she could help with your healing process if you could just know what truly happened. Peace to your suffering heart and just know your babes are free now in Rainbow Bridge.

hacatta

Dec 22, 2013
Parrots
i got 1 green cheek cinnamon,a rose crowned,a yellow sided and a hybride from the first 2

Kiva
Fury
Pixel
Hope
i am so sorry ,i can't imagine what you are going trough.
The fact that they died is horrifying but that it might be your family's fault makes it all the worse.
If my mother of sister had anything to do with mine's death i would move and probably not talk for a few years.
I hope you get the truth,and learn to live with it,i know i wouldn't.

ruffledfeathers

Aug 23, 2012
Media
NJ
Parrots
Gilbert Oliver, Blue Crown Conure; Georgie, Sun Conure (2/8/01-8/8/12) RIP little girl; Percy, budgie 1993-1999. RIP Pepito-spanish timbrado canary
So sorry for the loss of your babies. I hope you find some peace over their loss. Hopefully you can find out what happened but even if you don't, there was most likely some kind of accident/mistake that happened for them all to go at once. RIP and fly free, sweet birds.

BoomBoom

May 2, 2012
Parrots
Boomer (Sun Conure 9 yrs), Pewpew (Budgie 5 yrs), Ulap (Budgie 2 yrs), Eight & Kiki (Beloved Budgies, RIP)
Perhaps an accident but I do not agree with covering up the truth. My sympathies to you. I can only imagine how I would deal with this. Just thinking about it gives me horrible thoughts of what I would do to the people involved.

Most Reactions

Latest posts