timneh african grey - jasper,
pied cockatiel - picasso,
blue & gold macaw - mia
Yay!!!! Happy hatchday Robin!!!

GW.Joe

Nov 26, 2013
Southeastern PA (15 miles west of Philly in a smal
Parrots
HI Fellow Parrot Lovers! Baby Green Wing Macaw, Loving Departed Yellow-naped Amazon "Poe"
Aww Julie, 20 years!! beats out most "marriages" LOL, Happy Birthday Robin!!

BdayGW.jpg

Bundiibird

Mar 9, 2013
Rockhampton, Qld, Australia
Parrots
Bundiibird - Alex - hatched 31/08/09
& Millie - BFA - hatched 29/10/14 & Willow - CAG - hatched 30/10/19
Robin says to say thank you to that cute Alex girl Bundii:). He knows she's FAR too young for him though. Lol! ...and yes my finger still hurts...

Funny you should say that Julie. Bundii actually turns 5 in about 4 weeks time. I think her dad would have something to say if he knew she had an older boyfriend. :D

OP
RavensGryf

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Robin says to say thank you to that cute Alex girl Bundii:). He knows she's FAR too young for him though. Lol! ...and yes my finger still hurts...

Funny you should say that Julie. Bundii actually turns 5 in about 4 weeks time. I think her dad would have something to say if he knew she had an older boyfriend. :D

He'd be an ELDERLY boyfriend for Bundii in fact! :eek: (Just like Hugh Hefner and the Playboy bunnies hahaha :D).
There are many accounts of Poi's making it into their 30's, but it's said to be uncommon, to give you an idea of his age. Of course I'm really hoping he lives the human equivalent of 100 :).

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
=GW.Joe;414550]Aww Julie, 20 years!! beats out most "marriages" LOL

My parents just celebrated 42 years last month (and they agreed to get married on their first date:eek:). Barney the GCA is not much younger, they got him shortly after they got married:)(but I don't think anyone has a clue of his exact hatch date at this point;)). Weird to think about, but I got engaged shortly after graduating high school. It'll be 8 years next spring with [my] Joe and 7 years since we adopted Kiwi in december:11: Time flies!

He'd be an ELDERLY boyfriend for Bundii in fact! (Just like Hugh Hefner and the Playboy bunnies hahaha ).
There are many accounts of Poi's making it into their 30's, but it's said to be uncommon, to give you an idea of his age. Of course I'm really hoping he lives the human equivalent of 100 .

I vote for Robin setting the world record for POI liespan:D:D:D He's just so cute and healthy looking in all his photos. No way you could guess he was an "old man";)

OP
RavensGryf

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Aww Julie, 20 years!! beats out most "marriages" LOL, Happy Birthday Robin!!

BdayGW.jpg

Joe, that is so cute and thoughtful! :) I showed it to Robin, and I'm so sorry of his reaction :( LOL... he looked, then immediately went to grooming under his wing. Then his other armpit... I just couldn't get him to acknowledge his lovely birthday card!

OP
RavensGryf

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
So a little after the fact now... Hope anyone still cares LOL! I got my Photobucket app working again, so here are Robin's 20th birthday pictures :D

Getting his birthday treats

Doesn't he look young for his age? :D

OP
RavensGryf

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Birthday presents...

From his human grandma. Robin loves toys that are for birds smaller than him and with hard plastic.

This 100% stainless steel toy is from me. I have yet to attach more of those plastic pacifiers to it. It's looks lighter in the pic, but it's quite a heavy well made piece.

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
LOVE both of those. Robin is a lucky boy:D Heck, i want to play with them:) He's so pretty too. He looks healthy and active for his age. I never knew he had green around his bottom half. His plumage reminds me of the aurora borealis!

OP
RavensGryf

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Thanks guys :) Funny how birds all look the same age unless they're extremely young, or showing extreme signs of aging. Robin does have a whitish lower mandible now for the past 6-7(?) years despite good blood work. I guess it's like getting white hair...

Karen, I got the SS toy at Bird Stuff. The toy and supply store owned by Dr. Nemetz.

MrsKay

Jun 23, 2014
Media
Southern California
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure (Larry)
Canary (Norman)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY (late :) ) ROBIN !
WOW 20 years old.
RavensGryf, I hope your finger is better. *ouch*
I think you should post Robin's diet if you haven't already :)

OP
RavensGryf

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
HAPPY BIRTHDAY (late :) ) ROBIN !
WOW 20 years old.
RavensGryf, I hope your finger is better. *ouch*
I think you should post Robin's diet if you haven't already :)

Thank you Mrs Kay :) my finger is mostly better but still has a scab. My hands are in fairly bad shape right now as it is! Healing puncture from scissors slipping (don't ask:52:), vegetable peeler fell apart, and cut myself trying to fix it before I threw it away, dryness crack despite using healing lotion :(

Well, here goes a plug for Harrison's organic bird foods... For MOST of his life he's eaten mainly Harrison's. I hate to admit, but unlike other birds I've had or currently have, he's never been big on fresh foods, except carrots and yams (sometimes peas). His regular yearly blood work for organ function and feather color and quality has been exemplary for years and years nonetheless!

EAI

Jul 25, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Parrots
Budgerigar: Arrow, Esther, Kratos, Cora, Ducky.

Lovebird: Izzy, Gizmo.
Happy Birthday Robin!!! He's so lucky to get those toys!

Careful now, he's one year away from being able to drink LOL

Most Reactions