Rome, yet another vet visit

Molcan2

Jul 19, 2011
Lake Co., Florida
Parrots
Princess Rome- Moluccan Cockatoo (18yrs old), Rosie - Galah/Rose Breasted Cockatoo (2yr old)
Agh... Taken her in again today. She has a lump thats popped up just in front of her eye. :( i hope its nothing, of course my first thougt is cancer, im hoping that i get there and hes like really you brought her in for this?

MickeysMom

Feb 13, 2012
Media
Albums
Brookhaven, Pa
Parrots
Mickey - Female U2 age unknown. DNA test came back...he is a SHE,

Tinker 12 yr old female GCC

Chiquita 16 yr old Female U2 and Junior 16 yr old Male Grey
Oh No...I hope it's nothing....will be thinking about you.

kc_y0

Nov 17, 2011
Media
Sydney
Parrots
Eclectus Female - Audrey.
Art - Budgie.
Astro - Budgie.
Mini - Budgie, RIP gorgeous girl.
My fingers crossed for you that it turns out to be nothing! :( <3

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots
Merlin & Charlie (Senegals)
thinking of you, let us know how Rome gets on x

OP
Molcan2

Molcan2

Jul 19, 2011
Lake Co., Florida
Parrots
Princess Rome- Moluccan Cockatoo (18yrs old), Rosie - Galah/Rose Breasted Cockatoo (2yr old)
Thanks everyone :D It turned out to be three ingrown feathers :D With everything i've been through with her, it makes me fear the worst. Plus its been a bad day, was supposed to go trail ridding tomar with a friend but my gelding threw a shoe and the farrier cant get out til monday, then on the way to the vet the jeep broke down, i was two hours late, at least they worked me in and now my stress is gone knowing shes fine :D Vet says he sees this mostly in Macaws but occaisionally on other species, he pulled the feathers out and everthing should be fine.

OP
Molcan2

Molcan2

Jul 19, 2011
Lake Co., Florida
Parrots
Thanks Mare, i am now in a parking lot an hour away from home, its dark out. Rome is falling asleep and im sure Roc is at home wondering what is going on with dinner, poor little guy.

MollyGreenCheeks

Jan 16, 2012
Media
Albums
Arizona, USA
Parrots
Molly - GCC, Cody - GCC, Gracie - Congo African Grey
Sorry to hear you're having a difficult time. I was wondering several months ago if it's possible to a bird to have an ingrown feather. This is good information and thanks for sharing.

Most Reactions