willist

Sep 5, 2009
Tequesta Fl.
Parrots
CAG - Willis T.
Greenwing - Auggie
Harlequin - Connie
Blue&Gold - Charly
I'm looking to buy a room air filter, which won't break the bank. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
We use the Honeywell Air Genius 5, and got it on sale here in Canada for $169.99. It does a fantastic job and is very quiet. I also like how it has a night light on the bottom.

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
I'm also considering a room air purifier. I would like one with HEPA filter and carbon pre-filter. From what I've read, it sounds most efficient in removing particles from the air including pathogenic particles and mold spores.

I'm concerned about the noise, but from what I've read, these modern ones on the market are quiet and energy efficient.

Good luck finding a good one. I wish I could suggest one for you, but I'm looking into it myself. Thanks Terry for the suggestion of yours :)

jpeff

Mar 19, 2014
I use carbon filter the filter holds about 50 lb of carbon and works for 2 years then you change it out
they run off the house ac or heat and cost about 200 each

Most Reactions