sad day

daveonbass

Aug 21, 2009
Texarkana
Parrots
Male Eclectus "Darwin"
Male Sun Conure "Mango"
Female (?) Unknown Conure Type "Kiwi"
I'm horrified...and feel wrot with pain.

My ex-wife came to my house to pick up old stuff of hers, and ended up taking my little green guy "darwin."

She abandonded him 6 months ago...a bird that I had paid more than half for...and walked out of my life.

Today she came back to collect her old things that she left...and took the bird too. The police had to get involved and everything...and told me that there was nothing I could do to stop her from taking him. now the only way I MAY get him back is if I sue her for him. And by that time he may not even remember me.

I'm sick with pain...and just needed to let all of you owners out there to hug your little bird buddies tonight...cause tomorrow they could be gone...

dave

Auggie's Dad

Administrator
Dec 28, 2007
Media
Albums
South Hadley MA
Parrots
Auggie: Dusky Conure
Wow... How could she just take him? The police said there was nothing you could do?! That doesn't sound right, if he wasn't hers.

Sorry to hear.

OP
D

daveonbass

Aug 21, 2009
Texarkana
Parrots
Male Eclectus "Darwin"
Male Sun Conure "Mango"
Female (?) Unknown Conure Type "Kiwi"
she paid half, I paid half and I paid for the cage. (I invested more) Plus I have been taking care of him for the last 6 months. (food and other stuff that cost money, not to mention bonding with and caring for him) But since we are still married (no official divorce yet) the police said that she is entitled to take anythng she wants...and that so am I. that's the stupid part. I'm entitled to anything I want...and so is she...so uh...WHAT? how come she gets to take the bird and I don't get to keep it? The law is always on the side of the women. So I just get screwed I guess.
Again...the only way I get him back is if a judge says I do. But that will take time...and by then I'm sure the bird will SEEM just as happy with her as it does with me.

But all in all I think it's crappy casue she didn't want him when she left...she just wanted him once she saw how pretty he has gotten since she left. she's so evil. But she has one of those hurt pouty faces...and she LIES about everything...so I don't have high hopes that a judge would give him back to me.

Robyn

Sep 9, 2009
Media
Am very sorry to hear about Darwin. I would be devastated if anything happened to my baby Jack. I havent had him long , but if I already feel this attached I couldnt begin to imagine when you have had Darwin much longer.
I hope it does work out and she ends up bringing him back when hopefully his care becomes too much for her .
All the best ,
Robyn

Most Reactions

Latest posts