Sam my new BOY is doing great!

Pengle

Feb 28, 2013
South West part of VA
Parrots
Velvet, 24 yr old CAG who was a fledgling wild caught import when we got her. Sam, 18 yr male U2 we just adopted (mutilator/plucker)
Sam, my mutilater U2 we just adopted is doing great! So far (knock on wood) he has begun playing with toys and eating his Harrisons as well as the fresh foods we offer. I know we are still in the honey moon stage but we had feared he would begin mutilating as soon as we got him here, from the stress of change.

Pengle

Jtbirds

Banned
Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Pennsylvania
that is so amazing and i hope it all goes as well as it is now:). Just keep an eye out and a collar on hand just incase he starts mutalating at any given points. Once a mutalator always one saldy... we had a umbrella that came perfectly fine we knew it had a mutalating issue then one day boom there was a hole in his chest. He got the attention he needed and we put a collar on him, but just watch as it can happen quickly. Not trying to scare you just trying to make you aware of how it can be with mutalators:).

OP
P

Pengle

Feb 28, 2013
South West part of VA
Parrots
Velvet, 24 yr old CAG who was a fledgling wild caught import when we got her. Sam, 18 yr male U2 we just adopted (mutilator/plucker)
Thanks for the warning but yeah...........sad as it is, we know we can expect it at any time.

We did expect him to do it with the change of locations as at the clinic we did it when he was moved from one room to another. Just glad we made the first change with no problem.

:)
Pengle

BillsBirds

Jan 9, 2012
Largo, Florida
Parrots
Timneh African Grey (Bailey), Lovebird (Elvis)
Birds don't always stress unnecessarily from a change of home. I've taken in some mistreated & neglected birds that realized very quickly that they were in a better place. And altered some of their behavior. Good work with him! And good luck, as well.

Most Reactions