Samba our Patagonian Conure

Xenthius

Jul 12, 2011
Texas
Parrots
Panama Amazon
Patagonian Conure
Samba loves to get kissed, my wife says "kiss" and he swings his cheek in for a kiss. Will do about anything to get scratched. He is still settling in, and I noticed his color are getting much more vibrant. (We feed our birds about everything and anything that is healthy in addition to their pellets). Samba has a thing for Broccoli and Gala apples and I hide my sliced turkey when he is around. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• DSC_1984.jpg
    DSC_1984.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 14,854

Rio Mom

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Parrots
River - Green Cheek
Conure/
Pepper - Congo African Grey/

Rest in Peace Rio
Awwww Samba is a cutie! Love the name too,Samba was on my list when I was naming River. :)

Rio Mom

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Parrots
River - Green Cheek
Conure/
Pepper - Congo African Grey/

Rest in Peace Rio
River loves kale too! I weave some in the cage bars for him, and he's after it right away! Usually climbing over my hand he's in such a hurry lol.

Nakiska

May 30, 2011
Washington
Parrots
4 Cockatiels 2 males Chicken Little & Charlie, 2 Females Chiquita and Sweet pea. Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure -Franklin and our now tame, rescued feral Pigeon - Belle.
Awwww...gorgeous bird! I've never seen a Patagonian conure before...they are BIG!

This must be a "new" bird to you...so Congratulations!

Toni

kitt

Mar 27, 2011
Michigan
Parrots
Ava(peach faced lovebird) and my very first bird
Leroy (black headed caique) my little moody bird
Dusty (hahns macaw) my clown
Awww, so nice to see a patagonian on here....you don't see them very much....
Their feathers almost have a sheen to them if I remember correctly....
Congratulations on the new family member....

Conurekidd

Mar 30, 2011
Southern Calif
Parrots
YC Amazon Sampson

Sun Conure Bella

Cinn Green Cheek Conure Rexx
Omg how beautiful!!! Iv seen em before but never had a chance to look at one still in a photo. I bet photos due no justice on how cute she really is!!

OP
X

Xenthius

Jul 12, 2011
Texas
Parrots
Panama Amazon
Patagonian Conure
Thank you everyone. Samba has been with us for about a month now. I found him at a local exotic pet store close to my office. This place has great prices on bird food and some other things. A lady dropped this guy off just as I walked in. The cage he came in was too small and looked disgusting. He was stressed, scared, and the people working in the store didn't know how to deal with him. The usual text book gibberish on birds. He came to me when I asked to see him, but bit the employee and it was love at first sight. He came home about 15 minutes later. I stopped by local place and got him nice big cage, and a small selection of toys since I didn't know what he would like. He is living in my office now, loves his cage, has two favorite toys he loves to play with, he loves to push things and let them swing, also loves to sit on the open cage door and push it off away from cage and let it swing back and then repeat. He loves to be in the middle of everything, which at the moment is tough because he is still in quarantine. I figured in a few weeks we will have him be able to be on the play stand with Rio which is in the main part of the house. (You may noticed the Brazilian theme, wife is Brazilian). I am getting him clipped this week (wings) so he is getting stand training and so I can take him outside for some sunshine and baths, firm believer in giving the bird some outside time even if its just a few times a week. I will post some more pictures very soon. Thank you all for your replies.

xreinx

May 24, 2011
Alaska
Parrots
-no parrots yet-
I do have two cats -Riply & Nano bites-
four snakes- china, dip & stick, and Grand Chahee-
what a sad story, I am glad it has a happy ending.

Its amazing at how some people can be so mean to animals, if you just try and Understand them alittle, you will learn that they Only need so little in care and affecion to become Wonderful pets and blossem into perfect family member.

I worked at a shelter a while back and I fell in love with this dog, she came in, owner surrender and the guy was like "little monster, too much energy and is distructive" she went home to another family and came back a week later, the guy was like "wife hates her, dosent want her anymore" she came in way underwaight, it was horrable, I called my sister and told her to meet "summer" my sister did and her husband said yes... she was welcomed into our family in just under an hour.

we have a habbit of looking past small annoyances. (like trying to excape under the fence and poking at the trash) all we see when we see her is how good of a dog she is. shes GREAT with kids, (I trust her) and she listenes (sort of) but ... shes like.. the best dog, she loves us all and is good in the car. she never gets sick and hardly pulls when shes on leash. and she came from homes that said she wasent a vary good dog.

I wish we could ban people that arnt good animal parents from having them.

Most Reactions

Latest posts