Jan 22, 2012
Scotland
Parrots
Delilah, cockateil
Oscar, budgie
Mojo, budgie
Jose, budgie
Sunny, budgie
Today, I had to make the totally devastating decision to put my beautiful baby to sleep :( Samson was 10 years old (Teil) and so, so loved by me, by his girlfreind Delilah who has also been with him for 10 years and my budgie Oscar, who at 13 years old has also known Samson since a baby and all his life. I also have 3 other budgies who are very lost at the sudden change in their flock and group dynamics.

Samson had some serious health problems and as much as I have tried to do the best by my birds in trying to be as educated as possible and not use any harmful products around the house; somewhere, I have gone wrong. I know the dangers of teflon, any kind of sprays, candles etc. My birds are my life and I have always tried to do my best for them, I am completely devastated and finding this very hard. The worse thing is, Delilah, his mate for 10 years, is beside herself. She has called for him non-stop all day and looks to me with total hope and panick in her eyes when I come in the room as she thinks I have him. It's heart breaking. Can anyone give me some advice on how to help Lila, it's breaking my heart. Has anyone had a similar experience, do you think she may take to another teil in the future? She doesn't like my budgies too much as they have been pretty bossy towards her over the years so she can't take much comfort from them. She just looks to me with desperation in her eyes, please help, I can't bear this :( thank you X

Most Reactions

Latest posts