Sarah vs. Fire!AH!

Sarahtheumbrella

Jun 22, 2012
Parrots
a beautiful umbrella cockatoo
so today my grandma comes screaming wake up, and I wake up at 4 am to find smoke all around my room. It was coming from the attic and smelt REALLY BAD. I immediatly ran and uncovered Sarah, and my parents told me to change quickly. I changed and when I came out the firefighter were there telling me to leave. I LEFT SARAH INSIDE!!! I thought and I was panicking. But her cage was far from the smoke, so I think if things get worse THEY HAVE to take her out.

I am standing out and firetrucks keep on adding until there were 7 outside! The whole neighborhood woke up. They said it was to contain the fire should the house burst into flames. I was crying now. a man came out said they found and stopped the source and that the smoke is harmless, we went inside and turned all fans and opened windows. It was 5 in the morning and I did not recover Sarah cause the AC broke down and I did not want her to be hot. She could not sleep (bless her) and so I stayed awake with my baby.

I only imagine how scared my phobic Sarah would have been when she saw men with bulky suits and gas masks on! Luckily everything is alright except for a scratch near her eye (not bleeding equivalent to a nail scratch).

We just took her to the vet a month ago and with all the damage fees I wonder if taking her is a necessity since the smoke had not reached her. 100 dollars just to see what is wrong! Opinion appreciated. She is fine, talking, no discharge, walking back and forth like evryday.

Questions:
vet or not
how to keep cool and bird temp. limits
experience?

friedsoup

May 5, 2012
North Carolina
Parrots
Senegal Male Bogart
As I read it you uncovered her cage that means she could have inhaled some of the smoke which might not be bad for us but could be very bad for your bird Take her to an avian vet and turn the bill into your insurance agent with a look of question this and I'll kill you! you baby could be in trouble best be safe.

OP
Sarahtheumbrella

Sarahtheumbrella

Jun 22, 2012
Parrots
a beautiful umbrella cockatoo
Alright. Will try to cash out the money.

Most Reactions

Latest posts