Savagely mauled by a BFA

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
My husband is apparently pretty slow on the uptake. I recall a very similar situation occurring a few years ago. He got what he deserved for leaving Kiwi unattended with a sandwich- his food was savagely mauled. I tell him not to eat junk food around the bird, or to at least keep the bird separated from the junk food, but he doesn't listen. Kiwi wasn't really eating the sandwich so much as tearing the bread up and 'foraging' for the cheese:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Don't worry, he didn't get too much cheese, but he did get the smug sense of satisfaction from dooming a human.

DSC_9808_zpsy9hmwlxh.jpg

The little craphead actually pulled back the slice of bread to get to the cheese:16:

DSC_9804_zpshdapdqoj.jpg

That horrible beady orange eye!

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
There I am, peacefully reading a cross-sections of Threads and flowing back to the list of Active Topics only to be faces with a Blood Draining Title and in addition, it involved an Amazon and worst, one of my favorite Amazons.

A sandwich was mauled by an Amazon! Junk Food vs Amazon - no contest! No surprises!

Mrs. Boats likely has similar stories, so I will make no additional comments!

Thanks Kiwi for proving: Amazon's Have More Fun!

OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
There I am, peacefully reading a cross-sections of Threads and flowing back to the list of Active Topics only to be faces with a Blood Draining Title and in addition, it involved an Amazon and worst, one of my favorite Amazons.

A sandwich was mauled by an Amazon! Junk Food vs Amazon - no contest! No surprises!

Lol. Kiwi thankfully doesn't maul humans anymore (though there was a time...:16:). He is still not above mauling food though, and quite savagely too! If you've ever seen a nature documentary where a lion or a bear or something is mauling a prey item, well that's the kind of made for National Geographic type scenario on our table tonight:rolleyes: And hubby was offended I took a picture instead of immediately shooing him off. I notice he didn't maul my dinner as I did not leave my dinner carelessly on the table with the parrot and said parrot got what I chose to give him from my dinner and was made to stay on his perch:58:

Guessing it's kind of a guy thing to forget amazons and food DO mix...really really well if Mrs. Sailboat has similar tales:D

OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
Too bad so sad! I remember the original thread!

Indeed!

His perch fits fine on a dining chair... he could've put him out of reach of the table or kept the sandwich on the counter until he was ready to sit down. Either way would've worked.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Seems the other half of sandwich was untouched! Did Joe enjoy the remainder or was it tainted by Kiwi cooties? :D

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon

Lol. Kiwi thankfully doesn't maul humans anymore (though there was a time...:16:). He is still not above mauling food though, and quite savagely too! If you've ever seen a nature documentary where a lion or a bear or something is mauling a prey item, well that's the kind of made for National Geographic type scenario on our table tonight:rolleyes: And hubby was offended I took a picture instead of immediately shooing him off. I notice he didn't maul my dinner as I did not leave my dinner carelessly on the table with the parrot and said parrot got what I chose to give him from my dinner and was made to stay on his perch:58:

Guessing it's kind of a guy thing to forget amazons and food DO mix...really really well if Mrs. Sailboat has similar tales:D

Guilty as charged! But, just maybe us guys tend to 'assume' that another Human has our back (Dinner Plate). :D

Life is meant to be lived and life with an Amazon is truly living!

FYI: Wait, Amazon's have cooties?

Last edited:
OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
Seems the other half of sandwich was untouched! Did Joe enjoy the remainder or was it tainted by Kiwi cooties? :D

Joe doesn't care about the Kiwi cooties;) I guess when you have parrots, you kind of give up on the 'fear' of food contamination buy the winged rats:rolleyes: As long as it hasn't been pooped on, it's probably still safe to eat:D

OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
Guilty as charged! But, just maybe us guys tend to 'assume' that another Human has our back (Dinner Plate). :D

Not my dinner, not my problem to defend it from scavangers:p

Every so often, a little junk food makes him a very happy bird. The eyes and noises are rather hilarious too. I'm sure Julio can be just as entertaining when yummy junk food is unguarded;)

Yup, they have horrible cooties:eek: Symptoms of infection include progressively scaly feet, formation of talons and hardening/fusion of the mouth and nose into a hard keratin hooked bill:56:

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon

Not my dinner, not my problem to defend it from scavangers:p

Every so often, a little junk food makes him a very happy bird. The eyes and noises are rather hilarious too. I'm sure Julio can be just as entertaining when yummy junk food is unguarded;)

Yup, they have horrible cooties:eek: Symptoms of infection include progressively scaly feet, formation of talons and hardening/fusion of the mouth and nose into a hard keratin hooked bill:56:

There are those moments that I believe that I am moving about the house without notice. Mom and her 'bestest' buddy are spending time together and he is lost in her attention. Then I open that one certain drawer and as I am gathering the needed stuff to make popcorn. I can hear the stomp of talons heading in my direction. I barely have everything ready to start and there he is ready to help! Well, help eat that is! So, I lift him up and place him on his perch. Nothing like having a cheering section encouraging you on! Go, Team Popcorn, Go!!! Comments from the: Junk Food Cheering Section!

All these years around Amazons, only now to learn of Amazon Cooties!!! Who would have known! I have elected not to tell Mrs. as she and her bud are busying restyling her hair. Somethings are just better left unsaid!

jenphilly

Oct 15, 2013
Lehigh Valley, PA
Parrots
BE2 (Ivory), B&G Macaw (Max), Budgie Group,
Granbirds- tiels; GCC (Monkey & Monster); Sun Conure (Loki); Bare Eyed Too (Folger); Evil Green Monster YNA (Kelly); B&G (Titan)
Food always tastes better when it is stolen... :)

Tell your hubby to be thankful it was only a sandwich and not the keyboard on a laptop!

And did you make him eat the remains of his mutilated sandwich :)

Most Reactions